Warning!

The entire book if warning goes through Asia Minor, where it covers the seven churches of Revelation

God sends warnings to each and every one of those churches. And as the world expands, he sends one for our church as well.

Unto the angel of the church of Ephesus write; These things saith he that holdeth the seven stars in his right hand, who walketh in the midst of the seven golden candlesticks;   I know thy works, and thy labour, and thy patience, and how thou canst not bear them which are evil: and thou hast tried them which say they are apostles, and are not, and hast found them liars:   And hast borne, and hast patience, and for my name's sake hast laboured, and hast not fainted.   Nevertheless I have somewhat against thee, because thou hast left thy first love.   Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent.   But this thou hast, that thou hatest the deeds of the Nicolaitans, which I also hate.   He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God.
Revelation 2:1-7

This whole passage states that even though we, or the church, has a great history, it has no guarantee of a great future.

During this time, John, the disciple of Jesus wrote a letter to the Ephesus Church saying "Remember your first love." The warning to church behind these words are:

I know thy works, and thy labour, and thy patience, and how thou canst not bear them which are evil: and thou hast tried them which say they are apostles, and are not, and hast found them liars:   And hast borne, and hast patience, and for my name's sake hast laboured, and hast not fainted.   Nevertheless I have somewhat against thee, because thou hast left thy first love.
Revelation 2:2-4

Another warning that has been said is to reject the counterfeits thatcome your way.

Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent.
Revelation 2:5

And never forget that the greatest warning God has ever given us would be to return daily to the presence of Christ.

Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore.
Psalms 16:11