Cookies in a Coffee Shop

Tikki sighed as the warmth of the tiny coffee shop greeted her as she stepped through the door. The streets of Paris were already covered in a light dusting of snow, making the holidays season even more magical.

So far working as the apprentice to fashion designer Marinette Dupain-Cheng was like living in a dream! One she wanted to fulfill since she first picked up a needle and thread. Her boss not only had a great eye for detail, but she was also one of the kindest people she has ever met.

With only two weeks until Christmas, the company was anxious to get out their winter line in time for the holidays. Fortunately just as Tikki needed a break from sketching and finalizing designs, Marinette sent the redhead to fetch her some coffee while also giving her extra money to treat herself.

"I know how much of a sweet tooth you got," the ravenette winked as she handed Tikki the cash, "There's no harm in buying yourself a cookie or two."

Tikki tried telling her boss that it was too much, but she insisted anyway.

"Alright," Tikki gave up as she packed her things for the time being. "Should I go to your parent's bakery as always?"

Imagine her surprise when Marinette said no. Instead, she sent her apprentice to a local coffee shop, one Tikki has never heard of before. Apparently, her boss recently gotten a new boyfriend by the name of Adrien Agreste. He also happens to be the owner of the coffee shop she was now in.

Tikki glance around and noticed that there wasn't a line. A couple of pedestrians were seated at the tables, cozy and content with the service and drinks.

Tikki shyly approached the cashier who was busy restocking some pastries in the display case. He had jet black hair and pale skin. When she looked closer at his eyes, she realized they were a glowing shade of green. Neon, if that's what she could describe it as.

"How can I help you?" the same cashier asked in a smooth yet laid back voice.

She noticed that his name tag read "manager".

Was this Marinette's new boyfriend? If so, Tikki was already getting a weird vibe from him.

"Ah yes. I'm here on Marinette's behalf for some coffee and cookies. I'm assuming you're Adrien Agreste?"

The man blinked a bit as though he was puzzled, but slowly his frown turned into a small smirk.

"Um, yes. Adrien Agreste, nice to meet you," he held out his hand. Tikki hesitantly shook it, only to realize it was sticky from syrups and other ingredients. She made no comment and instead kept any judgment to herself. After all, it wasn't her place to tell Marinette who to date. Yet Tikki couldn't help but observe if he was good enough for her friend.

Adrien quickly finished stocking the pastries and went right to work to assist her. "Now what can I get you sugarcube?"

Maybe it was just his way of greeting customers, or maybe that was his way of speaking in general, but Tikki didn't like it one bit.

"Don't call me sugarcube," she deadpanned as she slid Marinette's note to him.

This only caused Adrien to smile more. "But you definitely seem like the sweet type," he winked at her before reading over her friend's list.

First time may have been a warning sign, but Adrien was definitely suspicious now. If he wasn't careful Tikki might think that he was actually flirting with her.

She choose to ignore it as he got out her cookies. "How much?" she asked.

Adrien didn't miss a beat as he started to make Marinette's coffee, "On the house. Pretty girls like you get to have treats like these for free." As if he wasn't already walking on eggshells, he threw in another wink.