1

I can't believe that I'm here at my uncle's apartment I haven't seen him in a while and scared me. What if he was a murder what if he had kids and my family didn't know about it what if he-

Before I could finish my thought, a lady with curly hair opened the door. Oh no, this was his one nightstand—Ew, that's disgusting to think about. "Hi, who are you," the lady asked as she stood by the door

 "oh I'm Josie, I must have the wrong apartment," I said as I began to grab my stuff from the ground only to be stopped by Schneider, my uncle. 

"Josie I'm so glad you made it. Please come in," he said as he grabbed my stuff and made his way into his apartment. It was lovely. I liked the design and all I guess. "Oh Josie, this is Penelope," He said as he pointed at the lady who opened the door. 

"Oh, this is your niece, I've heard so much about you," the lady said as she grabbed my hand

wait, is she my uncle's girlfriend  I thought as I grabbed her hand to shake it. 

"Josie how about you meet my family," My uncle said, I was slightly confused. I honestly didn't know he had a family. Kinda disappointed he didn't tell my family. 

"oh, you have a kid? why wasn't I informed about this" I said, I folded my arm slightly upset? I was going to say something but decided not to I wanted to meet his children. 

"kid? oh no, I don't have a kid but not all families are blood-related" my uncle said as he opened the door. 

I guess he was right.. wait a minute did he replace me. I mean I would replace myself too. the apartment wasn't too small or big it was just right. god, I sound like Goldilocks.  "Familia, I'm here," my uncle said, I made my way towards the couch and sat down. 

I was pulling my phone out when the curtains opened. an old lady came out and looked at me. "Who are you? Are you here for my papito? are you here for Elena?" The lady said she had a thick accent, I didn't know what to say mostly because she was inches away from my face. 

"um" was all I could say before my uncle interpreted me "Lydia, this is my niece, Josie," My uncle said standing in front of us. the lady got up from the couch and looked at my uncle. 

"Oh, another white person," the lady said with an attitude it was quite hilarious. "Actually I'm mixed, my mom is from El Salvador and my dad is from here," I said.

"That's great!" she was so happy I didn't understand why. before I could ask the front door opened revealing a girl and boy fighting over something. They kept hitting each other. 

"Alex! Elena!" Penelope said trying to gain their attention. but failing. "Alex! Elena! we have a guest over!" she yelled louder and then it went silent. both of them turn to face me. the boy wasn't bad looking. I didn't stare at them for too long for multiple reasons. 

"Hey, my name Alex and you are," Alex said with a cocky smirk. He held his hand out waiting for me to shake it but I didn't. he noticed I didn't shake it and moved his hand back to his pockets. 

"Hi, I'm Elena, sorry about Alex," she said taking my hands into hers to shake it. "Hi, I'm Josie, I'm Schneider's niece," I said with a smile. Elena seemed nice but Alex seemed like the cocky player. I looked up to find Alex staring at me and Lydia staring at both me and Alex. 

My uncle noticed how quiet it was and asked if I wanted to go unpack my stuff. I said yes of course don't get me wrong I like the family but I wanted to go rest in a bed.

once I got back to the apartment I started unpacking and then I got a message from someone I went to go check and..

******************

Hey guys! sorry for not updating in a while, I had to do a lot of school and write other books but enjoy this chapter. it's kinda shitty so sorry.

I also gave the main character a name to make it easier for me