4

Jared's pov

I woke up the next morning with a pounding headache. Something was off. I destroyed the bedroom yesterday. Didn't I? I groaned and rolled out of bed. As I made my way to the bathroom I noticed the closet was clean. I most definitely remember throwing her clothes everywhere. They smell like her. They reminded me of my fuck ups. I relieved myself and walked to the kitchen. The lamp was gone... I grabbed a bottle of water out of the fridge and spotted the conveniently placed Tylenol. Was mom here? I took two of the pills and went in search of whomever was cleaning up after me. When I found no one I grabbed my sunglasses and sat on the patio in the sun. I was dozing in and out when I remembered I saw Liza's backpack next to the back door when I went to bed. She was here! I "rushed" to the bedroom where she kept her purse. It was still there. I checked her wallet and found her debit card and ID were gone. Shit! I grabbed my phone and checked the bank account. She pulled 15,000 dollars out of the savings this morning. I checked the time differences and called Shannon.

It rang a few times before he answered, "Hey J, can I call you back we're in the middle of dinner?"

"She was here, Shannon! She was fucking here! She took fifteen thousand dollars out of the bank this morning, and her ID."

"Oh shit! Hang on." he excused himself and walked outside. "Why would she take out fifteen grand?"

"I don't know!"

"Where were you?"

I sighed deep, I hated telling my brother I got wasted. "I was...passed out in the chair."

"You were drinking weren't you."

"Does it matter?"

"Well if you hadn't been you would have seen her. Did she take anything else?"

"I think I saw her backpack next to the back door when I went to bed."

"Is it still there?"

I glanced down the hallway hoping it was. "No."

"Are you even sure it was there?"

"Mhmm." I chewed on my lip. I knew I should have investigated.

"Well what did she take? Clothes, or anything that might point to where she's going?"

I looked around the bedroom, and nothing seemed out of place. "Uh-uh."

Shannon sighed, "Did she take her phone?"

It was in my hoodie pocket still, "Uh-uh."

He was silent for awhile, "Ah! What about her climbing gear?! She's been talking about that a lot lately."

I stood and walked down the hall. I opened the door and was met with empty shelves, "She took most of it."

"Where would she go climbing where she needed fifteen G's?" I was puzzled, "Or how long is she planning to be gone?"

"She's not coming back, Shannon." I growled.

"Stop thinking like that, she is! Otherwise, she would have taken her whole purse. She's going on a vacation."

"Vacation? A fucking Vacation?! You're kidding me right? She drives my fucking car off the end of a fucking pier, disappears, then decides she needs a fucking vacation?! You're fucking serious?!"

"Jared! Calm down! Go check to see if her passport is there."

I stormed into her office and dug through the desk. "It's not here! Where the fuck is she going?!"

"Jared calm down. We know she's ok. That's what's important right now. I'm going to go in and finish my food. You get something in you too, ok? It'll help with the hangover, and think about the places she wants to go. Ok?"

"Ok."

"It's going to be alright Jay, I promise. I'll call you back in a few hours. I love you."

"I love you, too." I hung up the phone and put my glass bottle in the recycling. I looked at the bottom of the bin; I broke her lamp. It was a one-of-a-kind hand blown lamp she found in Sausalito. I sank back to the floor and started crying again. I laid on the kitchen floor for a while thinking about everything. Her phone vibrated in my pocket. I quickly pulled it out, but it was only the battery. While I was walking it rang. It was that 'Kat' chick again, "Hello?" nothing. "Hello?" there was mumbling in the background. All I heard was eleven hour flight, and it was Eliza's voice. I hung up and called Kat back. It just rang I called twelve more times before I gave up. I waited an hour and called from my phone but it went straight to voicemail. They were probably on the plane by now. I text Shannon letting him know and ordered lunch.