Chapter 2 - The Mystery of Paradise

Next morning we walked to the cafeteria in this long ass hallway. There was a spectacular amount of kids here. Where did they even come from?
"Bro it's like high school all over again" Ricky joked. After I got my food on the tray, I walked to the table where some of the gang were sitting. I joined Ricky and Marcus.
"I'm kind of sensing some serious dejavu" I slammed my tray on table.
"I know it's weird, so bro how you doing?" Ricky asks.
"Why do you guys keep on asking him that?" Tessa sat next to me. Thank god she saved me. The table started filling up overtime.
"Hey guys" Frankie calls. Everyone at the table pauses their conversations to look at him.
"You guys need to listen to this. Did you know that there are different adventures to paradise" he says while calling over this random dude. He had a nose ring with blonde hair.
"This is Keith. He was here in this facility the longest" Frankie introduces. Keith greeted us with so much respect. I liked this guy already.
"What do you mean there's more than one adventure?" Jared asked.

"There are sixteen. There are sixteen different portals located in reality and each one has different stages and obstacles" he explains.
"How do you know this?" I ask.
"Weeks of research, trust me I'll show you guys in time" he replies.
"It also means that this desert covers the whole earth on this dimension, with 16 different paradises" Frankie adds. This was very surprising. What the hell was this, like really. Everything we've been through was a complete lie. Looking for those clues were a complete lie.

"Excuse me. May I please have everyone's attention" Liam requested standing by the sealed door at the end of the room. The entire cafeteria went silent.
"It's time to announce this week's six candidates who will be able to return home" he starts. After listing the kids' names, they stood up from their tables and walked to him. After those kids finally stood next Liam, everyone else gave them a standing ovation.
"What does he mean by returning home?" I lowered my voice while those six went with Liam through the sealed door.
"It means they go back to reality" Keith answered.
"What, is it actually possible?" Ben joined.
"Apparently, because after they walk through that sealed door then we never see them again" keith sat back down.

Debby got out her seat and walked through that sealed door. It was protected by a gaurd. I finally made the decision to go talk to her. Once I reached the door the gaurd stopped me.
"Where are you going kid?"
"I just want to talk to my friend, she just walked out this door" I said
"Sir no one is allowed through this door" he says firmly. I just raise my hands in defeat and turn around. I pretend like I'm walking away before trying to sprint through the door. The gaurd pushes me causing me to fall on the floor. I've never been so pissed in my life.
"What the hell man!" I shout. Before the gang arrives to hold me back. I was told to calm down for a while.
"Woah man what's happening here?" Liam asks.
"This asshole over here doesn't want to let me see my friend. Why can't I see my friend?" I dust myself off.
"Jackson I can assure you that no one but the staff enters through these doors" he says.
"That's where you wrong man, Debby just went through here"
"Did anyone come through here recently?" Liam asks the gaurd and he nods his head no.
"Your lying bro, why the fuck you lying!" I start tensing up again.
"Alright dude chill, I'm sure it was probably just a misunderstanding" Ricky tightening his grip on my right arm.
"Hey can I talk to you?" Lily appeared.
"No problem" I walk away with her.
"I saw what happened. I'm talking about Debby. She just went through that door. Maybe they didn't see her but she still shouldn't have gone there. I'm worried about her Jackson. I haven't spoken to her since you broke up with her. She's very distant and she hasn't said a word to anyone, it's not like her" she holds my hand.
"I know Lily I tried but as you can see it ended up with this bozo pushing me" I say. Lily places her palm on my cheek.
"Promise me you'll talk to her" she pleads. I nod my head while looking at the door. She kisses my cheek before walking away.