Chapter 1: Dum cat

The door slamming brought Molly roughly out of her watch of the night sky and into the present of her granddaughter slumped against the wall.

"Dear mudder of god! What in blazes do ya tink you're doin' bargin' in te house like tis? Ye nearly gave me a hart attack!"

"S-sorry Ma," leaning against the wall she braced her hands on her knees and heaved in deep breaths, "I - forgot about the - thunder."

"Yes well-"another flash of lightning and the rumbling of thunder caused Molly to jump, "Ah! God all mig'ty! Tis feckin' tunder! Me old hart can't be dealin' with it-"

"Alright Ma," she sighed, "what's for tea?"

-------------------------------

After washing the pots and getting her grandma to bed, reassuring her that once again the thunder could not kill her from inside the house, Faline finally got into bed.

Stretching out under the covers, she wiggled her feet to warm up her toes, and flicked on her side lamp, grabbing a book. However before she could get into her novel, she felt and heard a thump.

"For gods sake, Merlin, go annoy somebody else." She kicked the ball of russian blue at her feet and hissed at it before it could. Unimpressed the small feline puffed up it's chest and sauntered up to the windowsill.

"Damn cat." Rolling her eyes, Faline got ready to get stuck into the novel, but the sudden sticking up hair on the small feline caught her attention. The growl caught her interest and before she knew it, Faline was standing beside Merlin looking out of the window.

After several minutes of searching and a mutter of "dum cat" under her breath, Faline started to go back to bed. Before she turned she swore she caught a glimpse of a pair of yellow eyes. She blinked and quickly looked back,but the night was empty. It wasn't until she was back into bed that she noticed her body was shaking and the hairs on her arms were raised, mirroring the small feline still standing watch at the windowsill.

I am on a roll ha! let me know how this is :) The one thing I find hard is past and present tense, I'm forever mixing it up! Don't be afraid to tell me :P Anyway laters.

Ell x