Chapter 4

Back at Paige's house, she and her friends were trying to shoot a new cover her page.

Sometimes Emma would just shoot her videos by herself using her tripod, but she always preferred the company of her friends. Chloe would always know the best camera angle and Emma would always help Paige with her presentation. Also, they made it fun. Paige was keeping herself from reanalyzing that statement when they again started bickering.

"Hold the camera a little higher, Chloe. Paige looks fat this way," Page heard Emma saying

Chloe scowled. "Shut up, Emma."

They began shooting again and Paige was singing the last verse and was so happy they could finally finish it with no interruptions, when she heard Emma say, "Why the hell are you smiling?"

Paige didn't notice that she was smiling, but she had noticed that smiling came so naturally to her that it was almost often involuntary.

Paige, now exasperated, said, "What's wrong with that?"

"It's supposed to be a serious song, Miss Happy Face."

"Does it matter? We have filmed this a million times."

"Of course it matters. We'll film it a thousand times more if it's not perfect."

"Did I tell you I hate you?"

"Nope, not today."

Once they were done shooting, which wasn't anytime soon, Paige couldn't help but play it over and over again.

"Do you think my transition to a higher pitch is too unnatural?"

Chloe said, "You're perfect."

Emma just shrugged.

Paige sighed.

The girls left Paige's house and she went for her keyboard class as she always did on the weekends. Charlie, the kid she tutored, was extremely smart. He was in middle school and was being homeschooled at the moment. Also, he couldn't leave his wheelchair. Paige didn't feel as much sorry for him as she felt a weird sense of kinship with him. She did have legs, but was just as much trapped as he was. She knew her problem was nothing compared to what Charlie went through, but sometimes she couldn't help it and gave into the feeling of self pity.

While Charlie was practicing the piece she had just taught him, Emma nudged him. "Hey, buddy, can you listen to this once and tell me if my pitch is upsettingly high?"

She played him the video they had just recorded.

Charlie laughed. "You asking me?"

"Sure, you've got a good ear."

Charlie winked. "It's beautiful, just as you are."

Paige gave him a reluctant smile. "Stop, you flirt. I'm too old for you," She pointed, just as she'd pointed out a million times before.

"Let's talk about this once I hit puberty," Charlie said with a smirk, which only made Paige grin harder.

Craving for some genuine feedback, Paige texted the person she had sworn to herself not to text ever again.

Sophie: Hi, sunshine

A few minutes later, she got a reply.

Daniels: what do you want now? I apologized, didn't I?

How rude.

Sophie : Actually, you didn't.

Daniel: oh.

Sophie: ...

Daniel: are you waiting an apology?

Sophie Williams: maybe

Daniel: Princess, just a heads up, you'll get a ton of haters if you get into this industry and none of them will ever apologize for not liking your music.

Sophie: Why do I even bother?

Sophie: I just wanted to know your opinion on this new cover I just posted.

Daniels: Mine?

Sophie: Yours.

Daniels: Wow.

Sophie: Yep. I'm surprised at myself too.

Sophie: ...

Sophie: So? Can you? Please?

Daniels: Uh

Daniels: Alright. Will get back to you by the evening. Busy right now.

Sophie: Of course. I hope I didn't disturb you.

Daniels: Nah.

Sophie: Talk to you later then! :)

READ THE REST ON DREAME.COM (FOR FREE)!