Birthdays

Zuma's POV

"Zuma! Come on! We told Ryder we'd meet him there and we're late!" Charm called to me. "I'm twying to keep up, Charm. I'm sure they have tons of fireworks." I called back. "Mayor Goodway said she had a special set for Ryder's birthday, and I wanna be there for the surprise. Let's go!" I moved a wittle faster and caught up to her. We made that whight turn onto the beach and weaved thwough the peopwe on the beach. "Pups!" Whyder called to us. "Over here." We wan over to the others and sat down next to Whyder. "It's gonna start soon, pups." Whyder said, scwatching behind Whocky's ear. He has no idea what supwise we have for him!

Chase's POV

"Attention guests, the show will be starting in five minutes. Please find your spots." Capt'n Turbot said over the PA System. "Chase, that's your cue." Skye whispered to me. I nodded and ran up to the street, and sure enough, Mr. Porter and Alex are there. "Hi, Chase!" Alex says, giving me an ear scratch. "Is the cake ready?" I asked Mr. Porter. "Almost, Chase. I just have to light this last candle." He lit the candle with his lighter and the cake was finished. "There. Eleven candles for the birthday boy." "The show will be starting in one minute." "Come on, Grampa! We gotta give the cake to Ryder before the show starts." Alex said, jumping up and down. Mr. Porter picked up the cake and carefully walked down the boardwalk with it.

Charm's POV

I looked above the crowd for Chase and Mr. Porter. I finally saw the candles and smiled big. " Hey, Zuma." I whispered. "The cake's here." Zuma started to wag his tail and returned his attention to the water, acting as if it was a normal night. Mr. Porter came walking over with the two-decker cake in his hands and Chase. "Happy Birthday, Ryder!" We all said in unison. "What's all this?" Ryder asked. "It's for your birthday." Chase said, wagging his tail. "Awww. Thanks, pups." 'The surprise isn't done yet.' He blew out the candles and the fireworks show started. There were reds, and blues, and they even blew a set for us pups. Then the finale started. First it blew our Paw Patrol symbol, then Ryder's face, and then 'Happy Birthday, Ryder!' lit up the sky. Ryder smiled from ear to ear. "You pups did that?" We all either barked, licked his cheek, or smiled brighter. "What good pups." We all jumped on him and he gave us each an ear scratch. Then for some reason I felt dizzy...