The Long Days

(No one's point of view)

A wolf cub lay on the cold stone floor it was almost winter or fall.A wolf walked up to the pup they sniffed it and picked it up it's small flank rising slowly.Another wolf walked up and sniffed the pup they growled and padded off.The pup whined and squirmed in the grasp that held it above the ground it soon felt the cold stone again.Other pups squermed around "hush now pups hush, you're safe from the cold for now , now we have a new pup so be nice to him" the wolf whispered "well what's his name?" A pup barked "Alex" the she-wolf whispered again the pup yawned and whined."Hey Alex I'm your brother my name's Onyx!" The pup yapped.Another pup spoke up "and I'm breeze your sister!" "I'm rose you're other sister!" "Now now that's enough let Alex rest he was abandoned by his mother." "Oh no!" Onyx whined Alex was confused by the scents but he smelled the she-wolf and knew she was his new mother.so he snuggled close to her and slept.

A pup was close to his mother as he slept he was awoken by a sound he sniffed around and his mother was still there he felt calm "The pups their so small" The wolf that walked in barked "they are all small they are the offspring of a fox and a wolf" the she-wolf said as she glared at the male wolf."Oh that explains the size but look at that one he looks just a little smaller than an average wolf" he barked The pup squirmed "yes true he would make a good hunter but also a great camp guard," she smiled as she licked his forehead."I'll name you Joey" she smiled she named the other pups then she got to a smaller pup "and you will be Mia my loved pup" she added she looked at the wolf "what do we tell alpha we can't leave them" "I don't know" she whispered as she looked at her new pups.She layed her head down "we'll just hope for the best" the she-wolf whispered sleeping.