Chapter One

I'm standing on top of the school rooftop, starring down.

'To think I would ever be here...'

"..Hehe... I'm really pathetic.." I mumbled to myself.

It's one hour after school and it's raining, so luckily not many students were still here. Just a few who attend club activities. The roof was off limits and yet someone opens the door and soon after, I hear footsteps coming closer.

'I don't care anymore. No one can stop me now. ...Or do I care..?'

"Do you really want to do that?" the person asks. However, I stay silent...
The person reaches out to me and pulled me back. "Please don't- Why are you crying?"
'I-' "..What?" I'm touching my cheek just to notice that tears are falling down my face.

"...Since when..?" I'm mumbling, yet again.

The person speaks up, asking "Hey are you okay?"
I quietly answer, "Do I look like I'm okay?"
"No... But that aside, we first need to get out of the rain." He starts walking ahead, but I'm just standing there in shock. Looking down. Realizing on what I was about to do...

'...Why was I-...? ...Why..?'
My thoughts are too great for me to hold back. And so I start whispering, "Why?"
He stops walking, now facing me. "Did you say anything?" I couldn't hear him anymore.

Instead of answering his question I'm falling down to my knees. Very soon after, he starts running to me, still being able to catch me. I burst out into tears. Screaming,
"Just why..? Why was I standing there?! I don't want to die! Not yet!!" I grip onto his shirt, clenching my fist and crying in pain.
"Please help me..!" He hugs me tightly and tries to comfort me. It somehow works, though I'm still a sobbing mess.
"I will, but we first need to get out of the rain. Otherwise we might catch a cold." He says, while taking me up bridal style.

Back inside the building he puts me down. I calmed down and wipe my tears away.
"I'll take you to my room and then you can tell me what's going on, okay?"
I simply nod. "Okay, then let's go" he starts walking ahead and I follow him. "By the way, you never told me your name. I'm (Y/N) (L/N)." "Oh, I'm sorry. It's Ren Amamiya." He gives me a warm smile.

As we reach the station we take the train to Shibuya and then to Yongen-Jaya. After some time of walking we arrive at what seems to be a café. 'Leblanc' is written on the sign. We both make our way inside and are greeted by the owner. "Ah, you're back. And it seems you have a friend with yours. I'll make you two a cup of coffee." "Thanks, boss." He says. I thank him as well.
"We'll drink that coffee upstairs though." "Fine with me." Boss - I guess was it? - answered, when Ren and I take our cups and go upstairs.
As soon as we reach the attic a cat jumps out of his bag and makes it way to his bed. Surprised, I follow the cat with my eyes. "What's his name?" I point at the cat and look at Ren.
"Hm? Oh his name's Morgana." "Strange... But I like it." Walking over to his sleeping spot I decide to go down to my knees. Petting Morgana's head and smiling at him. He seems to enjoy it.

After a few minutes, Ren finally speaks up, "You can sit on the couch, if you don't mind." "Oh, sure. Thanks." I walk over to his sofa and sit down. While he sits down beside Morgana.
"So... Um.. What's been bothering you, that you wanted to commit suicide?"
With this our conversation begins.