Chapter 1. Transcription (Part 2).

When I saw a ballad came on the tv. In a split second I can feel my blood rushing through my veins faster than it was before. A familiar voice came on. It was like as if there was a fire rushing through my entire body.

It was him.

I felt Hyunki oppa's arm on my hand, holding it tightly. I guess Hyunki oppa also noticed that it was him.

I felt my tears went down slowly on my cheeks. With my eyes still on the tv.

I guess he's doing okay. I am happy that he is okay. I guess my Jaehyun is happy. He's singing, he must be happy. I keep on assuring myself that.

All of a sudden, I just can't breathe. It became so heavy for just to take a breathe. I stood up and rushing out of the restaurant to get fresh air. Hyunki oppa followed me out.

"Seoah-ya, are you okay?", Hyunki oppa asked me repeatedly. I took some breaths and looked at him. I laughed a little and said, "I'm okay".

I don't know why but I can't stop smiling now knowing Jaehyun is singing and happy. Hyunki oppa looked at me in worry and wipe my tears. "Seoah-ya..", he stopped and helped me to stand straight.

"Oppa, Jaehyun is happy", I smiled in between of catching my breath. He nodded and helped me sit on a wooden bench right outside the sushi restaurant.

Summer 2014

I can hear the school bell rings. I was on my desk scrabbling on a book. "Seoah-ya, let's have lunch", Eunhee asked me. Eunhee was my chair-mate in high school. She's a very simple girl, with a short bob black hair. She loves to read, just like how I love to write. She's always be the first one to ask what I write, and made me promise that she would be the first one to read a book that I'd publish. She's my best friend.

"Uh, no thank you. I'll stay here. You go have lunch", I smiled. "Seoah-ya you have a handsome boyfriend, this is one of those times that you should use it", Eunhee said as she held my hand and persuade me to go with her. I laughed and ask her, "use what?". "Use it so people know that Jaehyun is your boyfriend, let the whole school know about it!", she continues. "It's okay even if no one knows, you go", I smiled as I took off her hand from mine. She took a few seconds but then left with a little frown on her face.

I stood up and went to the window. I can feel the summer air rushing in as soon as I open the window.

I like it like this, empty class room.

Suddenly I felt someone hugged me from behind. I turned around and saw Jaehyun smiling at me. I put both of my hands on his cheeks and laughed.

I like it like this, alone with him.

"I heard you're very famous. Eunhee said I have to tell people that you're my boyfriend to make them stop hitting on you." I told him as I put both of my hands around his neck. He put his hand on my waist and answered, "should I tell them myself? That you're my girlfriend?", he smiled. I nodded and smiled at him.

"Guys! Seoah is my girlfriend!", he shouted while still looking at me with a little smile around his lips. That little dimple on his cheeks. I laughed and hugged him. "So, what are you doing after school?", he asked. 

I let go of his hand and walked to my desk. "Writing", I answered and sat down on my chair. "Again?", he said as he sat next to me. He put his head on the table and looked at me with his puppy eyes. "What are you writing about though?", he asked. "A novel, a romance novel", I smiled and put my head on my desk just to follow what he did.

"Will it have a happy ending?", he asked me again. "I don't know. Will we have a happy ending?", I asked him back. "If we were a story out of a novel, we won't have an ending", he said as he held my hand.

"Why?", I asked him.

"I don't want us to have an ending", he answered.

Summer 2017

I woke up late that day in particular because it was Sunday. I grabbed my phone and checked some e-mails. There was an e-mail from Hyuk sunbae. Something about an onsite meeting and the Mr. Lee case. That one case which the interns are not allowed to touch or to get involved in. I wonder why they chose me to join the meeting. Hyuk sunbae mentioned that I have to understand the whole case by tomorrow before the meeting. Well I guess I have to pay Hyunki oppa a visit and ask him about the case. I got up and get ready to go to his place.

"Oh Seoah, why are you here?", Hyunki oppa asked as he opened his apartment door to let me in. "You know oppa about that Mr. Lee case...", I said as I walked to his couch. "Again? About a case? Can we spend a day to just talk about normal stuff? Just you and me", he said as he grabbed a cup and made a tea. "No, it's not that. But Hyuk sunbae wants me to understand the case by tomorrow", I laughed. "You? Why?", he asked. "I don't really know. They want me to be there at the onsite meeting tomorrow", I answered and walked to the kitchen to help him with the tea.

He put the cup on the counter and turned around to look at me, "No, you cannot go", he told me firmly. I looked at him and asked, "why?". "You just cannot, I will tell Hyuk you won't join us for the meeting", he answered as he grabbed his phone from the counter.

"Why? But I want to go to a meeting!", I told him and tried to take the phone off of him. "Seoah-ya....", he stopped. He walked to the balcony as he made a phone call, I'm guessing he called Hyuk sunbae about me not to go to the meeting. Few minutes later he hung up the phone and went to his room.

I made myself a tea and sat on the couch. I've never seen Hyunki oppa this upset before. Not in a long time. I guess it's better to just go with what he said.

I guess there will be no meeting for me tomorrow.

I saw Hyunki oppa walked out of his bedroom with his briefcase. He sat on the couch next to me and took a bundle of paper from the briefcase. "Seoah-ya, I'm sorry but you have to go to the meeting with us tomorrow. It's a case about an idol", Hyunki oppa said as he handed me the bundle.

I took my time and read the first few pages. It's a case about sexual harassment by an idol, the facts are not that clear. Too many gaps in between of the case facts, could be forged. The defendant might be innocent and being used of as he's an idol. Poor guy.

"Seoah-ya, can you do it?", Hyunki oppa broke the silence. "I don't see why you don't want me to attend the meeting. May I ask you why?", I asked him as I put my cup of tea on the table.

He took a second and keep on touching his hair. He does that when he's nervous.

I took his hand to stop him.

"The idol is an SM Entertainment artist", he told me as slowly as possible. "But.. it's not him right?", I asked him just to make sure.

He shook his head no. "No, it's not Jaehyun. But I'm afraid that you might pass by him or what I don't know. Jaehyun also works there", Hyunki oppa added as he stuttered here and there.

Jaehyun.

It's been so long since the last time Hyunki oppa mentioned his name. I've never thought that I would hear it coming from his mouth again.

"Oppa, I'll be okay", I smiled to calm him down.

Will I be okay though?