Chapter 8

(A/N : Play the music and read.)

"You know, for someone who hates Christmas, it seems to me like you enjoyed yourself today" Johnny remarked as we slowly made our way back home. 

"Alright, alright, I did enjoy myself. Happy now ?" I playfully rolled my eyes at him, turning my head to his direction.

"Didn't I tell you you'd have your mind changed by the end of the day ?" he reminded, clearly waiting for me to admit he was right.

"I haven't changed my mind ! I just...feel differently about the whole thing" I gently hit his arm before grabbing it while we kept walking.

"Same thing" he chuckled softly.

"You know, you can be really annoying sometimes" I cackled, shaking my head in amusement.

"I know" he replied, causing the both of us to giggle.

"Okay, since it's so obvious you're craving to hear it : you were right" I eventually admitted, somewhat halfheatedly though.

"Ah, was it THAT hard to say ?" he smirked proudly, emphasizing the word 'that'.

"Oh, shut up now" I laughed, pushing him lightly. 

"You do realize you've been singing Christmas songs for like two hours, right ?" he went on teasing "And you should see the way you're looking at those lights."

"What ? It's pretty, why shouldn't I enjoy the view ?" I sassed, my eyes still lingering on all the beautiful Christmas lights around us. "But seriously, you got me so in the mood now I feel like having a Christmas movie marathon."

"Sounds like a good idea" he responded.

"I used to do that every year with my mom. We would put a giant blanket on the floor by the fireplace along with some pillows to rest our backs, and we would collect tons of cakes and candies to eat while watching the movies" I recounted, all the sweet memories suddenly flooding back in my mind.

"Wow" Johnny smiled, probably imagining the whole thing "And what movies did you watch ?"

"All my favorites. Miracle on 34th Street, Gremlins, Home Alone, The Nightmare before Christmas, and most of all Jack Frost. That movie always makes me cry, no matter how many times I've seen it."

"These are part of my favorites too" Johnny smiled shyly, yet adorably, while looking downwards.

"Really ?" I asked in surprise "You know what ? Come over tomorrow night and we'll have this movie marathon together. Emily won't be there, she's sleeping over at her best friend's" I offered, instantly wondering why I had mentioned the fact my daughter wouldn't be there. 

"Okay, I'll be there."

♡♡♡

We were only a few blocks away from home when it started snowing. 

"Oh I love snow" I excitedly exclaimed, immediately dancing in it.

Johnny didn't say anything, he just watched me so intensely I could feel it. 

"Come on, dance with me" I called out, wanting him to join me.

"I can't dance" he said, running a hand through his longish brown hair.

"Me neither but it desn't matter, nobody's watching us anyway" I responded before grabbing both his hands and pulling him over to me. 

Letting go of him, I began spinning around happily, my arms stretched out as I tried to catch some snowflakes. I probably looked like an idiot, but I couldn't care less. I felt like a little girl again.