introduction

Julia was sitting at the table, her dad pacing back and forth, extremely anxious. Her sisters and mother had been out for the whole day, and were supposed to be back.

Malia was her favorite sister, because...she just seemed to be so much closer to her than she was to her other sister. Her father, was now calling the police, getting more worried by the second.

"Daddy I-" She went to say, but was cut off.

"Shut the hell up, okay kid? You don't seem to be phased by any of this, when you should be. Your two sisters, and mother are gone, what are you gonna do about it? That's right nothing!" He screeched at her.

Tears sprang at Julia's eyes, but quickly went away when she heard a coyote's howl. It was very distant but Julia knew what was going on. She soon went outside and saw the full moon, starting to rise.

It was Malia. Julia found it hard to understand what was going on, but she ran outside as fast as she could, and darted towards the woods. Her father ran after her, but it was no use, she was already gone.

Julia ran and ran, knowing she had to go find Malia. She had no idea what Malia was, or what was happening to her, but she knew she had to find her.

When Julia arrived at the car wreck, (still wondering how she did so) she saw her mother and sister, lying dead on the ground, car completely destroyed to pieces. Julia, only 7 years at the time, had no idea what was happening.

Suddenly, she heard a growl. She turned around towards the sound. And there stood Malia. Even though that didn't look like Malia, wasn't even human, Julia knew, for sure, that it was Malia.

Malia came charging at her, and the only thing Julia could scream was "MALIA!"

Waiting for Malia to maul her, she found Malia in front of her. Julia went to down to pet her, confused out of her mind.

Malia started walking away, but stopped and turned around. Julia realized that Malia was telling her to go with her.

Julia looked back towards were the town was, and back at Malia. To her. Malia was the most important thing in the world. More important than a town, more important than the rest of her family. She felt a deeper connection with her than with the rest of her family.

She nodded and walked beside Malia, and that's how it was for a long time.

One day, Malia never came back. Malia was about 16 now, and Julia was about 14. Julia, (who after turning nine was a coyote as well) and Malia heard a wolf howl. Malia got very territorial, and went out to see what it was. Malia was going to do anything to protect her little sister.

And after about 30 minutes, Julia got scared. She ran around the woods, howled like there was no tomorrow. But nothing happened.

Julia knew she couldn't stay. She had to go find Malia. She had no idea where she was going.

She didn't even realize she was crossing the border to Mexico.