Time

Lives.

Lives are like diamonds. Lives can are formed naturally and they can be broken or made to be shaped into different things. Or made to look different than quality suggests.

Diamonds can get dirty, right? Diamonds can certainly lose their appeal after what’s chosen to be done with them.

People’s lives can change in a selective split second. Someone can die of a spontaneous heart failure, or can be burned down in a building; or something less dramatic but certainly not less severe. They could peacefully slip away. But did they have the inner peace necessary to let the mourners live on?

In the end, I want to be able to say that I have conquests under my belt that may not live up to history book standard but made my life worth living.

A friend of mine told me something one day; something so profound that I needed to write about it.

“We all have 24 hours in a day.”

                Now, while that may seem vastly insignificant to others, I love it. That separates those who dare to care, and those who don’t. By saying we all have 24 hours in a day proves that it’s not that you don’t have time for something, more so you don’t have the will to care about it. Or rather, that you would prefer to care about something else. It’s a dose of honesty much overdue.  

                The thinly veiled beauty in that sentiment is a life lesson stating that you have an allotted time to be this person, so choose your journeys wisely. It’s a motto I don’t think I’ll ever mind living by.

                I think if by the end of this life you can rack up all the mistakes, failures, successes, and joyous moments and know the good outweighs the bad then you’ve done it right.

                So, even the most casual of afternoons can be weighed with an uncertainty that I find to be wise. Sitting on a couch wasting time away, what good does it do? Why should you want to waste time? Or choosing to complain about what a lack of excitement a day holds then that’s an unintentional waste of your precious 24.

                The statement feeds a catalyst for an important part of impulsivity in our lives that changes anything or everything.

                I want to be able to be happy in my life, so I’m going to do everything I can with my time given me. So ultimately, I’m going to make mistakes; fail a bit, succeed more; and live my life with the most incandescent happiness and weigh it out. And all the while, I’ll know I did more than alright.

                We all have 24 hours in a day. What are you doing with yours?