Ch. 36: My Own Home

I stared down Maleficent and Hades. I would not let them win this. Not by a long shot.

"I promise you, you will die." I threatened.

Maleficent shook her head. "You really are a stubborn one, aren't you?"

"I get it from my dad."

The Queen smirked. "Ah yes, your father. Jim Hawkins. He and I are a lot alike."

"What are you talking about?"

"I assume you know that your friend Kate is also my daughter, correct?" she asked.

"Yeah, and I know she's nothing like you." I growled.

She smiled. "That is very true. She's fallen in love with the other side. The wrong side. I didn't expect to have twins, truly. But I knew I wanted an heir to rule alongside me. So I chose an Earthling to impregnate me, so I might be able to bear a child that had the power to use magic on both worlds."

Hoping to stall for some time while I thought of a plan, I decided to indulge her. "What do you mean?"

"I mean that Disney characters cannot use their magic outside of The World of Disney. But those born to both a Disney character and Earthling parent can. Because they are part of both worlds. I have a plan to destroy this world, and then to rule Earth, with my daughter Kristin, as Queen."

"Are you serious? You can't be serious!"

"Oh, my boy, she is quite serious." Hades chimed in. "We as Disney characters have no power on Earth. But you do. At least, if you have magical weapons you do. You have Disney blood in you, which allows you to use magical relics, such as that ring of yours." He pointed at my ring. "And the prism that Kate wields. They'd be useless to you if you were fully human."

I snorted. "So what, are you gonna raise an army of Half-Magics who will fight with you to take over Earth? Cause I doubt Kris can do it all by herself."

There was silence. Both Maleficent and Hades were smiling coldly. The smiles didn't reach their eyes.

I realized my joke wasn't so much of a joke after all. "Wait...you can't be serious."

"Again, very serious Jamie-boy. Man, you are quite dense sometimes." Hades said.

"For the past twenty years, we have been planning this Cause. Developing it, recruiting allies, coming up with plans. We have sent Villains from all over the world to Earth to find suitable Earthlings with ambitions such as ours to have children with. Then once the child was about 5 years old, we would take them to the World of Disney, to be raised by us, the Villains. Kate doesn't even know that she's not the only Earthling child to be raised by Villains. She's not the first, and she's not the last."

"So...so how many Half-Magics are there?" I managed to stammer out. This was NOT going according to plan.

"Precisely 159 Half-Magics, including Kristin." Maleficent said.

159. 159 children of Villains. 159 Villains that can use evil, dark magic on Earth.

This just got a lot more complicated.

"When do you plan to attack Earth?" I managed to ask, even though I was freaking out on the inside.

They both laughed. "As soon as The World of Disney is destroyed, young boy. Once the Half-Magic children have been fully trained, then we will attack. But I promise you, boy, you will not see it coming. And you will not be able to stop it."

I shook my head. "No, we will. It may be difficult, but we will find a way to stop it."

Hades grinned. "Maybe at the beginning we would've been able to, but you can't now. You're outnumbered a hundred to one."

Then, Maleficent raised her staff. "I've had enough of this."

I raised my ring even higher. "So have I. I will not let you win."

"Oh, I was not planning on fighting you, Jamie." Maleficent's staff began to glow. Then all of a sudden, my ring flew off my finger and into her hand.

"Hey! Wait-"

"I'm not going to kill you. I'm just going to send you somewhere, that without your ring, you will be useless. You will not be able to stop us in our efforts here on The World of Disney. Because where you're going, in only a few short hours, we might have already won."

Then she sent a huge dark blast straight at me, which engulfed me until I couldn't see anything.

"Stop! Give me back my ring!" But I could barely hear my own voice as what sounded like a hurricane of wind surrounded me, drowning out my cries for them to stop.

And then, almost as fast as it started, the wind stopped, and the darkness disappeared.

I was lying on something soft, something comfy. I opened my eyes. It took a minute for my vision to adjust.

What I saw was a ceiling fan, whirling around on one of the slower settings. It was dark though. I could barely make out the outline.

I sat up and looked at my surroundings. I was sitting on a bed. Around me was a very familiar place.

"No." I whispered. I jumped off the bed and opened the window as fast as I could. "No, please no." I kept whispering to myself as I felt the cool air hit me in the face. I looked outside and saw a familiar street. Familiar houses. In the sky was a smattering of stars, and the moon.

I looked back in the room I was in. There was no doubt about it.

My legs gave out from under me, I slid back on my wall. Tears starting to form in my eyes.

"No..." I said to myself as the full realization of where exactly I was hit me like a ton of bricks.

I was in my room. In my house. Back home.

I was back on Earth.

And every hour that passed here, a week passed on Disney. A week full of destruction and chaos. With no one to stop it.

I was back on Earth, with no ring. No magic. No way to get back.

The World of Disney was going to be destroyed. The Villains will win.

And there was nothing I could do about it.