Chapter 1

Lisa POV

*DING DONG*
"LISA! See who's at the door please, I'm cooking." my mom said hurriedly.
*sigh* we just got here and we already have company.
"Yes ma'am"
I quickly got up off of the comfortable new rocking chair my dad had just bought and looked out of the blinds to see a girl that seemed to be a little older than me with something in her hand. I opened the door... WOW.
"Hi! I'm Rosé, your next door neighbor, my mom and I made you and your family some peanut butter cookies to welcome you to the neighborhood."
I was so astounded by her beauty, I can't describe the feeling. Jealousy maybe?
"Who is it hone- oh hey there!"
My mom had flour on her face and a dirty apron on. Could I be anymore embarrassed?
"You must be Rosé. I spoke to your mom earlier, such a poised woman. What do you have there lovely."
"My mom and I prepared a batch of peanut butter cookies for you guys as a welcome gift." Rosé said with a bright smile.
I was so shy I didn't know what to say. She looked so elegant meanwhile I had on a spaghetti-strapped shirt with sweats and mixed-matched socks.
"Come on in lovely, I was just making some lasagna." my mom said while grabbing the pan out of Rosé's hand and walking her into the house. I shut the door behind us. My mom placed the pan on the counter and took off her apron to sit beside Rosé. I couldn't stop staring, she was so gorgeous and I looked like a potato. I sat beside my mom not knowing what to say.
"Lisa have you introduced yourself?" my mom suddenly questioned me.
I was caught off-guard. "I-I'm Lalisa but everyone calls me Lisa."
"Lalisa is a beautiful name." Rosé said with a smile.
I was going to say thank you but before I could start my mom dramatically said "Oh my, thank you! I came up with it before she was born."
Rosé saw how annoyed I was getting and softly giggled.
"Rosé your mom said that you were in the twelfth grade, Lisa is too. Maybe you guys could be best friends that lived next door! That would be so nice" my mom went on "I didn't have a best friend in high school s-" I stopped my mom. "I don't think she wants to hear about your childhood mom."
Rosé giggled loudly.
"Okay" my mom sighed "I'll let you girls chat while I prepare the food. Rosé would you like some lasagna?"
"I would love some."
My mom went into the kitchen leaving me and Rosé in awkward silence."
"I'm sorry that my mom talks so much, when my dad gets home she'll leave you alone." I said turning taking off my shoes.
Rosé laughed, "Its okay, she's kind of funny."
I turned the television to "FRIENDS" while Rosé texted her mother to tell her she was eating dinner at our house.
•••
"Thank you for dinner Mrs. Manoban, it was very delicious" said Rosé sweetly. "Anytime love" my mom replied with a smile.
Before Rosé was about to leave, she turned to me and asked "Do you want my number so we can walk to school together Monday?" I had almost forgot that I'd be going to a new school on Monday. At least I'd have her to guide me.
"Sure". Rosé slightly smiled and said "I'll text you later, goodnight. Thanks again."

I'm sorry that this chapter isn't that great but it's the first one, the second and third chapters will be a lot more interesting 😊.