Chapter 2

I walked to the cafeteria faster than I ever have in my life. I feel like my head is spinning from everything I learned in the last 10 minutes.

Adrian is planning to out me? Rosie doesn't actually like Adrian? Is he blackmailing her?

One problem at a time, Ally.

I turn the corner and head straight for the cafeteria door. I open them and walk in, the screams and loud conversations making me feel even dizzier than before. I don't think I had the time to fully understand what was happening, but I don't care. I know I have to talk to him now. I have to see if it's true.

"Hey, Ally! What took you so long?" Alex asks me but I ignore them and make my way to the back of the room.

He sees me as I near his table and stands up, smirking. "Allison, to what do I owe the pleasure? You seem a little moody today."

"Is it true?" I ask, ignoring his comment. I see his smile falter for a second, but it comes back almost immediately.

"That depends. If you're referring to you being a dumb bitch, then yes. It is true," he replies, his friends snickering behind him. By now, most of the cafeteria was watching us, waiting for my response.

I roll my eyes at his words. "First of all, if you're going to insult me, you could at least be creative about it. Second of all, you know exactly what I'm talking about.

"How do you know about that?" he asks, more quietly this time.

I remember what Rosie asked me and decide against telling the truth. I might not like her very much but she did save my ass, I'm not going to rat her out. "I overheard your friends talking about it," I lie. "So it's true?" He doesn't respond for a moment, probably thinking of a way to save his precious plan.

"Maybe. What are you going to do about it? Beg me on your knees to change my mind?" he asks. "I guess seeing you on your knees before me wouldn't be so bad."

By this point I'm practically fuming. I hear people laughing at his sexist, and honestly mediocre joke, but I don't care. I glance behind him and an idea comes to my mind. It's probably bad and I'll most definitely regret it later, but I find myself walking before I even have any time to think it through. I reach his table and step on the attached seat, then on the table itself. I turn around to face everyone and holy shit, there are a lot of people here.

All the people from my classes. All the people I've never even met. My friends sitting at our usual table near the door, looking at me with a mixture of fear and amusement. Rosie standing near the door, watching my every move with a slight smirk coating her face. And for a second I want to back down. Get off the table, walk out the door and pretend nothing ever happened.

But I don't.

"Listen up, fuckers." There's no backing down now. "I'm bisexual. Yes, I like boys and girls equally. No, it's not a phase. No, I do not want to have a threesome with you and your girlfriend. That's it. You can go back to whatever the fuck you were doing."

As soon as I get back on the ground, the silence ends and everyone is screaming again. I walk over to Adrian, who is standing in the exact same place as before, looking more shocked than I have ever seen him.

"I am not going to let you threaten me. Not anymore," I say before walking out of the cafeteria, ignoring my friends calling after me.