A Warm Winter Night

“It sure is extraordinarily cold this evening.”

A young blond woman proclaimed as she tried making her way through the ferocious snow storm flooding the entire city in a blinding white.

Her knees were trembling, her teeth tightly clenched as she struggled with moving forward.

“HAHAHAHAHA! It seems that a mere human princess can not withstand a simple breezy winter day!”

The deep familiar voice made the young woman turn around, happy expression on her face, not yet being able to unclench her teeth due to the weather.

“Gundham! What a pleasant surprise this is!”

“Pleasant? You seem to severely misunderstand the situation, mortal royal.”

He looked at the ground, chuckling while shaking his head.

“I, Tanaka Gundham did not arrive to greet you, I have summoned this obliterating storm to lay waste to the mortal realm and claim my throne as the one and only Lord TANAKA GUNDHAM!”

The young princess, still shaking as her body was not able to withstand the cold for much longer, wasn't able to control her smile as she noticed his footsteps in the snow, leading only from his house to where he was standing right now.

“I seem to have walked by your house, have I not? Awfully nice of you to greet me outside, considering the awful weather we are having.”

She smiled at him, causing him to blush in return after she so easily found out that he just went outside to see her.

“Enough! Your accusations are preposterous! The dark lord would not be as whimsical as to just greet his mortal enemy outside…”

He took a while before he continued talking, slightly blushing as he prepared to scream out the following words:

“I CHALLENGE YOU TO ENTER MY REALM, HAHAHAHA!!!”

Sonia, oblivious as ever, just accepted his “challenge” since she was always fond of her classmate and anything was better than freezing outside.

“Oh I would love to come inside if that is an honest invitation!”

She exclaimed with a bright smile on her face, clapping her hands together.

“Very well then! Follow me!”

Gundham led her to his house which was pretty much right next to the both of them.

Inside, Sonia was surprised by how tidy everything was, a chimney already lit and Tanaka’s hamsters lying in front of it for warmth.

“I have to confess, I would have expected the interior of your house to be more messy.”

She said in surprise, still smiling as if she didn't have any care in the world, the typical Sonia smile.

“Umm..well...You see, how shall I rule the mortal realm if I can not even properly rule my own lair? HAHAHAHA, this is simply necessary to plan out my future crusades.”

While he was talking, Sonia already sat down on his couch, Gundham’s hamsters all snuggling on her lap as she pet them.

“Maybe the dark Lord is not as evil as he makes himself out to be, does the possibility of me being correct with that statement exist?”

She chuckled, taking one hamster and resting it on top of her shoulder, standing up, doing a typical Gundham pose as she exclaimed:

“I have taken control of your 4 dark Devas of destruction! What is the dark Lord going to do now!? HEHEHEHEHE!”

Gundham was paralyzed at first, letting out a slight blush, followed by a smile as he looked to the side.

“It seems that a mere mortal has bested me, how can this be?”

He could not stop smiling though, his usual facade seemingly fading away for once.

Sonia instantly replied, repelling his statement about her being a mere mortal:

“Mere mortal? Do you seriously propose that a mere mortal has the ability to control these destructive beings?! Me being able to do that just means that I am the Dark Lady of Destruction!”

She immensely enjoyed playing along with his shtick, coming closer to him, reaching for his hand.

“Wh-”

Gundham was startled, unable to move or talk as she just grabbed his hand out of nowhere.

“And fitting for a lady, proper manners are necessary.”

She walked up closer to him, kissing his cheek softly.

“I might be a Lady of Destruction, but I still have the manners to thank a proper Lord for his hospitality.”

She smiled, severely blushing as she bowed down, thanking him for inviting her home while this cold winter storm was going on.

“If it's alright with my lord, I might like to stay until the storm has calmed…”

She mumbled, her face tinted in a dark red.

“Ahahaha… Of course, how could a dark Lord just throw out a well mannered lady like this?”

He replied nervously, looking off to the side, gulping.

Both of them were nervous, blushing, sweating….

How this turns out? Nobody knows, at least not yet….

End of Chapter 1