Shes Gone

Legend says there was a magical world, where animals never seen before live there. The only proof is of old carving of flying whales, and animals you wouldn't believe exist.

Many people think the carvings were just for fun and that the such world never existed.

But I disagree with that. The carving was carved over millions of years ago. Before humans existed. Either the scientist who examined when it was carved was incorrect, or there is an animal capable of carving. Most people don't care about the science behind it, but I want to find out the truth.

My name is Bri, and my journey is to figure out- "Bri" my mom called weakly. "In a second, I'm starting my book" I replied. "Please" she called out almost whining. "I'm coming" I called. I walked down the hallway into my moms room.

She looked despondent. "How are you feeling" I asked worriedly. "I'm fine" she said almost dozing off.

"Mom you need to go to the hospital" I said with concern. "I-I'm fine" She answered with barely a whisper.

I ignored her and grabbed the telephone besides her bed and started dialing 911.

"911, what's your emergency?" The officer said from the speaker of the phone. "M-my mom" I said with a whimper. "I'm sorry ma'am can you please speak up" the officer said. "My mom's dying" I said beginning to burst into tears.

"Can I have your name and address?" he said. "I'm Bri Gardner" I cried, I put my phone down and I heard the phone say "we're on our way" As if the officer knew I wasn't going to pick up the phone again.

I layed there at the end of my moms bed, staring at her pale face.

I waited for the ambulance, praying every second that my mom would make it.
I heard sirens in the background. "They're coming, you'll be alright"

I said to my mom. I bolted to the front door, and waited for the knock. Without hesitating I opened the door. "She's upstairs" I said forgetting to breath.

The paramedics walked up the creaky stairs. I ran up besides them and lead them to my moms room.

They stared at her face, she looked as though she was dead. "She's really sick" one of the paramedics said.

The paramedics placed a oxygen mask, and started an IV. They carefully transported her on to the gurney. "Can I ride with you to the hospital" I asked.

They hesitated, looking at each other. Until one spoke up "I guess so" They went out of the house and put the gurney in the ambulance, I followed them into the police car that was patiently waiting.

When we arrived at the hospital I heard beeping, like a dead line. The paramedics rushed almost running into the hospital. A pair of doctors took the gurney my mom was carefully place on and took her to a room.

I stood sitting in the police car, my heart racing. I managed to ask "what's happening" to the police officer. "Her heart stopped beating" he replied. For a second I thought my heart would stop beating too. I stared into space, trying not to cry.

I saw a doctor running out towards the police car "she's requesting you" he said breathing heavily. I ran out of the car and followed the doctor almost forcing him to run.

I arrived at the room my mom was placed in. "Bri" she said weakly. "I-I love you" she said "I love you too" I answered.

Her breathing turned shallow. "P..promise me something" she said under her breath. "Anything" I said with fear. "Promise me that...that you'll always stay true to yourself and follow your dreams" She said.

Then the beeping started again. This time wasn't a drill. "MOM!" I screamed clutching her hands into mine. "NO" I yelled. "I will keep your promise and NEVER break It" I said tears streaming down my face. Then the line went flat. She was gone, gone forever.