Fifteen

Casey

"Well I was sitting on the couch and I get the worst phone call of my life , that my friend has been shot. I mean what was I to feel-" I started to tell the detective .

"He was the quiet one of our group, he never hurt nobody, ALWAYS made sure everyone was okay.......*I paused*....and to think..he was just starting to open up to me" I said shaking my head in disbelief and wiping away my tears.

"Did he have any enemies?" The detective questioned nonchalantly.

"Didn't you just hear me?, He did nothing to nobody, Calvin didn't deserve this bullshit!" I yelled getting angry.

"Calm down Casey it's okay" my mother said rubbing my back.

"No it's not! My friend is in the hospital fighting for his life and I'm told to calm down?"

Silence

I stood up and left the interrogation room, slamming the door.

The tears pouring back as I slid down the wall

"Casey?" I heard a soft voice from above me

I looked up to see Nahmir, eyes puffy and dreads a mess, it looks like he's haven't slept at all.

I got up and and ran into his arms, my tears soaking his hoodie,

"It's okay Casey , they just don't understand, they never will" he said rubbing my back crying with me.

3 weeks later..

"We're all gathered here today to celebrate the life of Calvin McCain, a friend , a brother , and a son" the preacher began.

I looked around to see not a dry eye in the chapel ,

It was Calvin's resting day and it hurt me to see him go , he was the glue that held us together....sure he was quiet....but he always looked out for everyone...

Our Guardian Angel

Nahmir caught the worst of it, that was his bestfriend, his day one and I know he's hurting even though he won't show it.

I look over to see him with black shades on, head straight, dressed down in black with Giuseppe shoes, looking the best I've ever seen him for this unfortunate occasion.

As I turn away I see a tiny tear slip down his face but he reaches to wipe it away quickly, shielding his sadness.

"We now would like to hear a few words from Calvin's mother , Harper" the preacher said as he stepped off the podium.

I watched Calvin's mother slowly wiped her tears and walked up the podium, tissues in hand,

"Good afternoon everyone" she smiled and started

"Good afternoon" we replied

"My son Calvin was a angel... he really was....always looked out for his sister even in her wrong" she said with some of the audience whispered and scoffed

"He always has good grades , but most importantly...he had a good heart.....made me realize that even without the support of a man I could raise someone so strong, generous, and victorious all on my own"

"Amen" said a few

"So today let's celebrate Calvin's life and let his spirit live on in our hearts forever"

The church bellowed with amens and hallelujahs as she finished and smiled taking the hand of the preacher leading her back to her seat.

* * *

Even though Calvin might not be with us he will still watch over us and always be a memory in our hearts

                     Our Guardian Angel

Damn i ain't been on here in a cool min💀