II

January 9th
11:12 am
Milton, Massachusetts

~ Omniscient ~

"Can you please just cooperate with me?" His dark eyes remained fixed on the TV in front of him as his legs stayed perched on the little footrest in front of him

"Can you please just cooperate with me?" His dark eyes remained fixed on the TV in front of him as his legs stayed perched on the little footrest in front of him. His attitude and dismissiveness was nothing new, but that didn't make things any easier.

"Mr. Maurice, I need to give you these medications." Maurice glanced up for a second, shooting his at home nurse, Rosa, a mean glare. She took a deep sigh, looking off to the side from being faced with his intense glare. He didn't need to say anything for her to understand that he didn't want to be bothered.

"Maurice can you please stop giving this lady a hard time and just take the damn medicine?! I am so sorry about him Ms. Rosa, you can take the rest of the day off." Maurice rolled his eyes at Marie's loud voice making an entrance. Rosa turned to Marie, giving her a faint, but thankful smile before walking to the back to gather her things.

"I don't remember you being the one that's paying her." Maurice finally spoke up, turning his head to put his attention on Marie. She ignored him, sitting down on the area next to him on the couch.

"Alright, I have the prescribed medicine here and I also have codeine. I'm not letting you take either of these alone though. Rosa's supposed to be monitoring you but since you want to be stubborn, I'm taking over for today. Don and Blade are at the warehouse, so it's just me and you. Get comfortable." Marie patted Maurice's shoulder before jumping to her feet. He gave her a scowl, but said nothing because he didn't feel like speaking.

This was normal for Maurice since he was discharged from the hospital a year ago. Shortly after being shot by Aubrey, he was found by some random people driving up the cliff where he lay. They didn't hesitate to take his unconscious body to get help. He went into cardiac arrest multiple times, but managed to be brought back.

Spending about a month in the hospital, most of that time being monitored closely, he managed to really start his recovery process. When he first got out, his main concern was Robyn and the baby, but nobody knew anything. Everyone spent days and weeks searching for her, asking around, and even having Marie put in a police report. But they came up short, having no leads or information.

"Tell the therapist don't come, I don't need her here!" Maurice called out to Marie who stood crushing up the drugs in the kitchen. Maurice still couldn't really swallow things that were too small or else he would choke, so crushing the drugs was the only option.

He was shot in the chest, leg, and a centimeter next to his spine. To his luck, he had no exit wound in the shot to the chest, the bullet getting lodged in a safe tissue area. His leg never had an exit wound either, but the shot next to his spine did.