V

// Apologies //

  n. a regretful acknowledgement of an offence or failure.

                                                                                 ☐☐☐☐☐☐☐☐

Miles?

Miles? I’m sorry.

I really am.

. . .

Why aren’t you answering me?

. . .

I think the least I can do is to tell you exactly what happened that day in the woods…

Everything I’ve said about Aaron is a cover up.

Aaron does exist… but he isn’t really what I’ve said to be.

. . .

I… I texted Aaron the day I broke down… after- after George made fun of me.

I needed someone Miles and you weren’t there… so I turned to Aaron.

. . .

You’ve got to understand Aaron, Miles please. Bad things have happened in his childhood that no child should ever face.

I’ve watched him Miles, I’ve watched him turned from that tiny abused kid to the jock of the school.

Aaron is a little- he’s a little… possessive. It was my mistake. All my fault. I… I shouldn’t have turned to him for my own needs. I needed love –no, I wanted love. I wanted someone to care. I wanted someone who understood.

And when he heard… He just went-

He –he went into full rage. He want- wanted George dead… and in a way, I too wanted George dead.

. . .

It’s hard Miles… it really is hard having to wake up everyday and acting like life is okay when it’s not.

I know deep down that George didn’t mean any harm… but- he did… he hurt me and I wanted it to stop.

. . .

I was always absent from lunch from the on… and everyone else was always wondering why… I heard that you were worried about me… is that true?

I’m sorry. I’m really sorry Miles.

I know sorry can’t quit it but I just am.

I’m sorry about what I’m about to tell you. I’m sorry I did what I’m about to tell you…

. . .

During those lunch times, I face-timed Aaron… and something happened Miles. His jaw was bruised.

He was getting bullied Miles… just like me. And, in a way I guess we just both wanted the need to feel powerful again, especially for Aaron.

I told him all about the party and the crown… and he- he thought it would be a good idea if we brought you in because… the crown obviously meant a lot to you and George was a threat to it.

But –listen to me, but, I said no. I didn’t want you to be dragged into this chaotic crazy murder plan. It wasn’t even supposed to be a murder plan in the first place…