CHAPTER ONE

Sarah looks back at what has been her home since she could remember. It's not the end of the world, she says to herself, it will just be another adventure, like the ones she had had so often in the past. She kind of missed the feeling of excitement, anyway, that accompanied the unexpected that would happen in some of her vacation trips with her parents as a child. And God! It has all been so unexpected! She felt kind of sick trying to process what had happen the las couple of weeks.

She still couldn't believe that her parents kicked her out like that! Not that she could blame them. If her daughter went and told her that she was pregnant at the age of seventeen, just as she was about to go away to college, Stamford at that, when she was even supposed to have no boyfriend or social live what so ever, and on top of that thinking of risen the child with no father in the picture because the guy just went away to another state to continue with his fucking live not even caring that he just ruined her chances of a future for good; so yeah, she kind of understood her parents. It was just... they were always so loving and overprotective. She could not believe they just ditched her.

God must hate her, because it was just once! Come on! It was her first time! She didn't even enjoy it! She didn't even remember it that well! It was all a blur for how drunken she was that night. It was just that one night with this guy who was the most popular in high school, with whom all girls had a crush on, she included. She didn't go to parties, but it was the last before going away to college, and she wanted to experience, even if it was just once, what a high school party would be like, so she just went with her supposed best friend.

She wasn't planning on drinking or dancing, she just wanted to watch. But Monika insisted that if she wanted to really experience a high school party she had to at least get drunk.

Sarah was going to sleep over Monika's house so it wouldn't be a problem of her parents finding out. Besides, it was the after graduation party. It was her last chance to experience a high school party! And Monika would be there to take care that nothing wrong happened to her. Huh! What a joke! She still couldn't believe how naïve she was. It was all part of a plan, one which she didn't suspect anything about.

The worst part was that she couldn't remember that well ever being with the supposed father of her child. Her memories of that night were blurry. All she knew was what Monika had told her the day after the cursed party and yesterday when she came to gift her with a pregnancy test and the whole sordid story. Ah! And don't forget Monika's plan B which consisted on publishing on all social networks a series of photos of Sarah in all kind of disgusting and embarrassing situations. Sarah supposed she had to thank God for ending up being pregnant instead, she thought miserable.

Monika was supposed to be her friend! But that also was a lie. Monika just barely tolerated her so she would help her graduate with an average grade. Monika didn't like her. Scratch that! She hated her! She just pretended to be her friend for the time being to get access to her brain and help with all school work. But according to Monika, being her friend was so a hassle that she had to pay for that. She had to pay for helping Monika graduate. So what a better way to make Sarah pay than to get her drunk, make the most handsome and popular guy have sex with her, and on top of that, mess up with the condom in hope that something resulted of that and ruin Sarah's whole future. And if that didn't work, then get some pictures and videos of the whole thing and put them on the net, so that Sarah got kicked out of college before it even started.

Sarah didn't know if it was best to have gotten pregnant and the pictures in her hands and out of the net. Everything was just so messed up. She couldn't believe how there could be people so plain evil out there. She really had trusted Monika. She had thought that she got at friend for at least the last semester of high school, after spending all her time there being alone and ignored for what she was kind of grateful since that way she wasn't bullied. She had thought she was lucky. And when Monika started to talk to her, sure she was surprised, after all Monika was one of the most popular girls of school, but she was happy to have someone to hang out after school. She really didn't question the fact that Monika didn't as much a look her way during school hours. It was obvious that Sarah was an after school king of friend. One who would help her study and talk to about random things sometimes.

Sarah thought Monika just couldn't be herself in front of her school mates for appearance sakes, but that she could around Sarah. Oh, how wrong Sarah was. She should have known better! She was supposed to have a very high IQ after all. She was accepted to Stanford for God's sake! But having a pretty high IQ didn't mean she would know people's intentions.

So thereshe was, stabbed on the back by her supposed friend, pregnant of a guy whodidn't even know about it and with no means to contact him, kicked out of herhouse by her very disappointed parents, and with no idea of what to do. Theonly thing she had was her college acceptance letter, the money hergrandparents left for her added to her savings which thank God resulted in ahigh seven digit bank account to her name that hopefully would help her gothrough college and her having a child. That of course if she wasn't kicked outof said college for getting pregnant when she hasn't even started. But shewould face things one at a time. Right now she couldn't handle more than onething at a time.