The Letter

Dad really couldn't have been angrier at me this morning. Why can't I just keep my spoiled mouth shut while he grumbles about those filthy mud bloods? Why do I have to go and stand up for them? Why didn't I just leave the room?
"You speak like that to me, you'll pack your bags and never come home!" My dad shouts. Aaron comes to my aid, like always.
"Father, she's only eleven." He says, placing that tanned hand of his on my shoulder, "She still thinks that monsters live under beds instead of in attics." I want to argue, but I'm stuck in a situation where I either keep my pride and lose my heart, or keep my heart and lose my pride. Dad sneers down at me, giving me the cue to go up to my room in this so called house. It was basically a castle for business meetings and illegal magic. Aaron follows me up, stopping me from closing my door with his foot. I hated having a fourteen year old brother. I hated that he was almost fifteen and was going into his fifth year. I hated how he was suddenly better than me because he could participate in most activities.
"Aaron, move your bloody foot." I mutter.
"Don't be so rude to dad." Aaron sighs, "You're annoying enough as it is, I don't want to have to continue saving you from a weeks worth of self hatred."
"I haven't the slightest idea what you're talking about." I kick him I'm the shin and close my door. My room was probably the only place in the house that looked like someone actually live there. At least, I think this is what it's supposed to look like. A dresser to hold my robes and muggle clothes, colorful bed sheets, a small clock that shows me when the house elves come to each room so I know which room to clean before they get there. I see they're actually heading here, so I get to organizing all the pictures of when my mum was young and happy, dancing with my three year old brother and father or cooking food. That was before she had me and got the job. That was before my dad was called back by the death eaters.
My door creaks open and three little house elves sneak in. I take a deep breath and take a risk, knowing we have enough house elves to clean Hogwarts. It's not like my parents will notice. I dig in my dresser and produce three gloves.
"Do you want to be freed?" I whisper. They all nod. I hand then each a glove, pressing my finger to my lips and opening my window so they can climb out. They chuckle, just snapping their fingers and disappearing instead of taking the manual way out, so I close my window and turn my back, only to hear a loud thump from the direction I had just turned away from. I look back at my window and see a beautiful black owl with bright blue eyes staring me in the face, a white letter with green printing on it. I take a deep breath, slowly approaching the creature, opening the window, and taking the letter.
"Dear Miss Bearing," I mutter, "We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted to Hogwarts school of witch craft and and wizardry..." Well this was obviously going to happen, I just didn't expect it happening so late. School is only a day away. I wonder what happened to all the owls.
"You get yours?" Aaron pops his head into my room, waving his letter about. I nod, biting my lips and twirling my mousy brown hair around my finger.
"I'm not sure if I want to go..." I sigh, "I'm going to be an outcast there, just like I am here."
"Look, Wrenny, you're adorable and the teachers will love you." Aaron walks in, closing the door.
"The teachers, yes, but the students?" I fall into his wide spread hugs, "They're all going to treat me like dad treats me."
"Some of them are decent, Wren." Aaron kisses the top of my head, "Dad gave me some money to open out account and buy the necessary items. We'll then get our tickets for tomorrow."
"Can't mum come with us?" I ask.
"Mum is working." Aaron throws his arm across my shoulders and leads me out of the house and to his broom, "You're going to have a ton of fun with me. I'm you big brother, I'll protect you from bullies at school and boys who try to make a move on you." He lifts he up and sets me in the back, getting on in front, "Hold on tight."
~Diagon Alley~
Once we made our accounts at Gringotts, Aaron took me over to Zonkos Prank Shop. We played in there for a while, laughing and playing tricks on each other. Some group of pretty girls notice my brother and surround him, talking about how sweet he is for taking care of me. I go to wait outside, looking at owls and accidentally bumping into a scrawny kid with round, broken glasses and long, messy black hair.
"S-sorry." The boy stammers, blushing and looking down from the white owl we were both looking at.
"Sorry." I mumble, only to be pulled away by a strong force. My brother spins me around and begins to talk quickly.
"You're not to talk to the boy. Not now, not ever. Dad will chuck you out in your own and I can't save you from that. Stay away from him." Aaron orders, "Understand?"
"He's just a boy." I tug away from my older brother, "And you're being surrounded by those prats, I thought I had to do something."
"Let's go get our books." Aaron growls, obviously with me.
"I'm sorry I called then prats." I sniff, "You just hurt my feelings and-"
"Shut up, Wren. And stop sniffling like a child. You're going to school, start acting like it." Aaron shakes my arm, "Grow up."
"You're acting just like dad." I try not to cry.
"That's a great thing."
No, I think, it's not