the kitten by the window

There was a kitten that asks for food by the window every night. Even if the window was slightly ajar, he knew how to open it with his tiny paws. He had yellow plotches over white with honey colored eyes. His 'meow's were slightly husky. I named the tiny ginger cat 'Alien'

Alien sits by the window where I like to gaze at the stars. He would sit there, crouched and alone. All alone. Alien likes chicken but he rarely eats fish or cat food.

Alien was a tiny little kitten when I first saw him. He was climbing up the backyard fence. Alien's mother was dead, so was his brother. He was all alone and tiny. Now that he grew slightly bigger, he was still alone.

Alien doesn't climb the fence anymore but instead, he sits by my bedroom window and asks for food.

Alien's mother was also a ginger cat. Every time the tiny Alien sneaked outside, she would drag him by the nape and back to their little hide out under the balcony. But on one stormy night, Alien's mother never came back. Alien began to eat things off of the ground ever since his mother was gone.

Alien doesn't know how to fight. He doesn't know how to sing. He doesn't have friends either. Alien sleeps on the roof where stars shine the brightest. But Alien did not know what stargazing was.

When it's raining, I usually close the windows, making the room stuffy and dark but Alien was out there. Alone.

But tonight, Alien sneaked into my bed room for the first time. This might be the first bed room Alien has ever been to. I let him stay for a while but after that, he left through the window.

I hope Alien forgets about a bed room that he has only been to for a short while. We may get things that we want for just a short while but we should also be used to some things that never return.

Alien was straying in the outside world. All alone.

Alien was afraid of the storm. Not afraid of the rain but afraid of the event where his mother never returned. Even though, Alien was a small kitten, he has a trauma. His childhood was filled with scars.

A person, with a broken family, sat by the window and waited for the stray kitten. They grew attached to the kitten that lost his mother in the rain.

But that night, Alien did not come out from his little hide out.

It was raining after all.

When Alien got a little bigger, he thought that the ginger cat he met was his mother and would follow her around. Once the cat shoos him away, Alien would return to his little hide out and sits on the iron bars and stares into the distance in silence for a long time.

Alien knew that the ginger cat was not his mother. They were false hopes and dreams. Lying to themselves to hide the feeling that they lost something every time it rains.

But sometimes, in some situations, we're all Alien. Sitting by the window and waiting for somethings that are never going to return.

Nights are getting darker and when hopes and dreams don't come true, we all return to our little dark corner in silence with desperation on our minds.

Some of us maybe stray felines that sit by the window and ask for food at some point in our life.

We also had a lot of rainy nights in our life too.