Mark

"Can you stop playing games and spend more time with me?" you asked as you stood by the doorway of his game room.

"In a minute" he replied without looking at you.

You sighed. You planned this all out. You made him his favorite dinner. You practically slaved over the stove keeping a close eye on the bones that were braising in the soup stock. You measured the rice to perfection. You even made a few different Chinese dishes so he's have a nostalgic sense of home. Dinner was bound to get cold soon. Not to mention, you put on his favorite outfit on you. Yet he couldn't even glance your way. All he cared about was winning his game.

And you had enough.

You stormed back into his game room. This was it. The final test.

You stood right behind him, refusing to look at his face as it would frustrate you even more.

"Mark, can you please pause the game and make time for me. I'm just asking you for today" you said quietly but loud enough for him to hear through his headphones.

A few moments passed by.

"Huh, did you say something babe?" he said halfheartedly as he started a new game.   

"You've got to be kidding me" you said in disbelief.

You ran out of his game room and into his bedroom. You felt your cheeks get hot as you cried and stared at the framed photo of you both beside the bed.

*crash* you knocked the photo over and wiped your tears. He will not see you cry.

You walk out into the living room and accidentally bump into the handle of the soup pot. The stock tipped all over your arm.

"FUCK" you screamed and immediately covered your mouth as you winced in pain.

You cried. You also heard Mark run to your side.

"Babe? What's wrong? OH MY GOD are you okay?" he shouted as he grabbed your arm.

"I'm fine!" you screamed as you pushed him aside. You looked away and ran into your bedroom.

Mark ran after you. His eyes scanned the bedroom floor and caught onto the broken picture.

He kneeled down beside the photo and quietly handed you a cold hand towel. You placed it on your burn.

"Did you do this?: he asked, clearly hurt and avoiding eye contact with you. You nodded.