Chapter 1

(this is a slow burn) 

Cyrus's POV

It's my second week working at the Sun Down Cafe , my parents suggested I start working so I can earn my own money considering the fact I need money to buy my own food at the spoon since I've run out of my bar mitzvah cash. School typically ends at 3pm and my shift is from 3:30pm - 4:30pm so luckily its only down the road. Today I haven't messed up yet in some way so thats always a good sign , right? But no. I may not have messed up today in some way at least yet but guess who's decided to just walk in , nobody other than TJ , the scary captain of the basketball team. He never passes Buffy the ball , pushed her over at tryouts and over all is just somebody everybody seems to be scared of  in some way and an asshole to everyone , but who can blame us? He's known for beating kids up at least thats what I've heard and what Buffy's  told me. Oh great , he's walking right in my direction am I suppose to be nervous or more afraid that he's coming over to beat me up. "Hey , Buffy's Friend Right?" " Y - Yeah" I stuttered. Why's he being so nice to me , we've never talked I just come to the games to watch Buffy hoping he'll pass her the ball. " Look , I know I'm a complete asshole to Buffy but that doesn't mean I can't be nice to people alright?" . "I'm confused about why you have come over to talk to me?" "I want to make it up to Buffy finally and I'm fully aware you don't know me other than anyone besides  the  school bully but I'm trying to be a better person I just need someone like you to help me and I thought I'd ask you as you're friends with her" " Well if you're trying to be a better person you aren't doing a very good job at it " I muttered. " All I'm asking is for you to give me a chance so I can try make it up to her." he handed me a piece of paper. " This is my number just text me later. " .He then walked out.  I feel like I should help him to be honest , having 4 shrink parents so I end up giving  a lot of people the benefit of the doubt as I feel everyone deserves a second chance." As soon as I got home I was welcomed in by My mom. "Hey Hun how was work and school?" she said. "They were both alright I guess." "alright then I'm cooking pasta for dinner I'll call you down when its ready". I ran upstairs and went straight to my room . I began to think about what TJ said today , did he really want to apologise to Buffy? I just don't know if I can really trust him after everything I've heard about him and what Buffy's told me. But who knows? I know what he did to Buffy was true as I've seen some of it with my own eyes , but what if all the rest of the shit I've heard about him wasn't actually true just  conversations that got twisted throughout the school. I grabbed the now crumpled piece of paper out of my pocket and opened it up. I pressed add new contact  and typed in the number. What if he just gave me a fake number and it was just all a prank? But I don't really see why anyone would prank someone with a fake number so I guess I should just stop worrying and text him. 

Me: Hey 

                                                                                                                                                                                    TJ: Hey

TJ: I promise I'm not as bad as I'm made out to me it just seems that way , I know what I've done to Buffy was wrong but I've moved on and  I'm a good person now.

Me: Fine I'll trust you on this , but how am I gonna help you make it up to her?

TJ: I don't know but maybe we could get to know each other first and then you'll see I'm not as bad as I seem.

Me: alright , wanna meet at the park by the swings in half an hour? if thats not an issue.

TJ: sure see you then

TJ'S POV

As soon as I placed my phone down I heard a knock at my bedroom door . "Hey bro!" she said . "Hey amber , I'm going to the park in half an hour to talk to someone" " oOoOoOo DOES TJ HAVE A CRUSH?" . Ever since I came out to her a year ago anyone I talk to that's not my basketball friends she immediately thinks I have a crush on them , to be fair cyrus does kind of look adorable with his chocolate brown eyes .. TJ stop thinking gay thoughts you can't do that right now. " Hello , earth to TJ?" she said. I quickly snapped myself out of my daze " His name is cyrus and he's  just a friend I don't have a crush on him we're just gonna talk at the park about some stuff." "Cyrus? As in Buffy's Friend?" "Yeah why , do you know him?" "well duh him and the good hair crew go to the spoon pretty much every day and his step mom's my therapist so I'm kind of friends with him remember?" she said. " the good hair crew?" "TJ , thats what their friendship group is called?" "oh." "you know he's a pretty cute dude TJ are you sure you don't have a crush on him "she said smirking at me. "for the 2nd time I do not have a crush on him we're just gonna try to get to know each other so he can help me apologise to Buffy." "you keep telling yourself that , I'll leave you to get changed I'll cook some dinner it will probably be done by the time you get back." . We take turns cooking considering our dad is rarely home as he has a lot of shifts at work to help pay the bills which we help pay by both of us working after our mom walked out on us on my 6th birthday when amber was 8. Because of all the stress of  trying to pay our bills and all , me and amber have taken it out on other people but we're trying to be better people now with us both going to therapy but I don't have cyrus's step mom as mine. I threw on a red hoodie and some skinny jeans and grabbed my phone then I made my way to the park. 

Sorry this is short! I promise the chapters will be longer in the future . This is just kind of the start to it , I didn't want to write too much on the first chapter I want to see if you guys like it before I write anymore :). - elle