Chapter One

Diane.

"They're my friends, the best of friends, and they're like siblings for me. I don't care if they're known as orphans. It's just that they make my lips form into a curve line, forming a smile. I can't understand why did their parents left them, that's why I'm so lucky and proud to say to the world that you're my parents."

"Oh dear, we're so happy and lucky too for having such a wonderful, happy, kind and beautiful daughter." my mom said with such good compliments as we were going to the cafe namely 'Heaven Cafe'.

As we arrived, both of us went out the car in different sides.

I've wonder why there's no light, it's too early.

"Mom, why is it dark? I think it's too early to close it?" I asked, confusingly.

"Happy birthday Diane!" a surprise just happened at the same time, the lights were turned on.

"Oh my gosh, guys. You don't have to do this." Said calmly with a smile.

I just don't want them to worry about this thing called birthday celebration.

"Diane, we are very sorry for doing this, but what can we do? We love you."

"Aweee. I love you too guys." I replied sweetly, hugging them after.

"Wait, wait, wait." The assistant of this cafe interrupted the drama. "Before we'll start, Diane should be treated as special this day so, Dave made you a special pasta." Longing the last word in a childish way.

I looked after Dave and realized he was going closer towards me, carrying an off-white plain plate with pasta on it.

"This is for yoouuuuu." as Dave placed a piece of parsley on top of the pasta.

"Oh Dave, you already know that I don't like that." I said sarcastically.

I just really don't like it. I mean not the pasta, I'm referring to the parsley he just added.

"Let's start our dinner!" Juliet shouted, one of the workers in this cafe, the aunt of Dave.

After the perfect dinner, it's time to open my birthday presents wrapped in a very neat way and pretty wrappers.

Okay, I have to admit it, I got some wonderful and beautiful gifts!

I'm so touched with it.

Looking at the table with one thing on it left, I thought the last gift I would received was a scarf from Juliet and his nephew Dave but I was wrong, my best friends were the last.

"Diane, we know that our gift for you is very simple but it's made with love and effort. Since you can afford everything, Kayla and I decided to make you this." Kayla said as she showed and gave the gift to me.

No wrap nor bag but it was so beautiful!

Omg.

"I made that yesterday and actually, I slept late because Kayla didn't help. Hahaha." Jackie teased.

"Hey! I was the one who searched for those pictures. You don't know how much effort I put for it." She complained childishly.

It was a scrapbook of us three and it reminds me of our memories. All of our memorable memories.

Our friendship started when we were still in high school. They are like sisters to me and I consider it as a one of my greatest blessing.

"It's so beautiful guys!" I claimed, really touched on how they think of the idea and made an effort for it. We hugged then shouted our friendship call, 'Chawee-chaweee!"