Chapter one

It was a beautiful Sunday morning. The sun shining down upon a small neighborhood in a quiet part of Japan. There were birds singing and the fresh morning dew laid glistening on each blade of grass. The sweet silence was however broken far too soon by the shrill sound of an alarm ringing, waking a girl from her peaceful sleep. She gave a groan and pulled her soft blanket off of her body, sitting up and stretching as she looked around her room. It was small, there were a few shelves, mostly filled with plants, a closet that was built into the walls, a blue beanbag chair in the corner and a small desk that had a gaming console and a small monitor on it along with a makeshift bookcase underneath. It definitely had a traditional Japanese room style to it. Soft voices could be heard coming from another room through the thin door.

"Yotsuha! Breakfast!" A sweet voice called out from where the voices were coming from before. The girl in the bed gave a groan and got up. She slid on a sweater and a pair of shorts before heading out to the bathroom, splashing her face with some water and quickly brushing her teeth.  Finally, she made her way to the dining area in all her messy haired glory. "Goodmorning Auntie!" Yotsuha spoke sweetly, smiling to her cousin who was about ready to get up and leave. He was about to go off with some off with some of his friends from his school. Something she hadn't had the pleasure of doing yet. Despite being a year older than her cousin, Asahi, she wasn't even in an academy yet. Her Aunt had wanted her to take a year off before applying anywhere to better her quirk. And so while the year was slowly coming to a close, and Asahi was hanging out with friends and studying for his exams in a fancy hero school, Yotsuha was stuck at home. Hoening her quirk with her aunt and trying to learn how to control it better.

"So..." Yui, her aunt, started. "It's around that time dear. I know you didn't get to go last year, and I know you really want to be a hero but maybe we should try something..." Yotsuha cut her off with a smile. "Less ambitious? Never! I can feel it this time auntie, I've been working so hard I know I'll get into an academy! I can control my quirk a lot better!" She spoke with a passion and a fire in her eyes. Yet the small smile upon her aunt's lips displayed a sort of doubt. "Alright, but if you don't make it I really think you should look into a more normal school. You're very smart on your own!" To this Yotsuha rolled her eyes and shook her head with a frown. "I don't care what you think, Yui." She spoke with an almost rude tone, using her aunt's name instead of calling her "auntie". Trying to get her point across. "I'm going to pass the entry exam. I've had a whole year of practice. I've gotten stronger but I'll never be able to use more than one element at once." She sighed and looked down to her plate. "Please just trust me..." And with that, Yui nodded and got up, clearing the empty plates from the table.

Having everything cleaned up Yotsuha went to take a stroll outside. Being dressed in some casual everyday clothes she walked down the small sidewalk and made her way over to a small park she loved to go to to relax in the warm sun. Her hair was up in two buns as usual with only one small bunch of strands hanging loose on the side of her face with a small curl to them, their colour a deep red, unlike the medium brown colour the rest of her hair was. Normally she would feel at ease but this time something was off. She felt as though she was being... followed. She walked a bit faster, the park just in sight as she rounded the corner. A bit too fast as she bumped into something, falling backwards off of balance and onto her backside. She looked up, a man in a dark coat looming over her, his facial features hidden by his equally dark hat. "Terribly sorry..." His voice came out raspy, cold and almost menacing. It sent a shiver down her spine. He reached his hand out to help her up but with a bad feeling in her stomach Yotsuha simply got up by herself and shook her head. "It's alright sir!" She said, quickly with an uneasy tone before running off to the park.

As Yotsuha finally sat down in the park she gave a sigh and looked around at her surroundings. A bit shook up from the encounter she had. Who was that man? Why did he feel so suspicious? She tried to shake it off and forget about the encounter, closing her eyes and listening to her surroundings. There were birds chirping along to a sweet tune, the gentle gust of wind rustling the leaves in the trees and small bushes. In the background, you could hear the slight murmur of people in conversation from the cafe and shops a few meters away and a family playing around on the opposite side of the park. As Yotsuha slipped into her thoughts she felt a smile appear upon her lips. "Yueei..." She whispered to herself. It was her dream school. She wanted nothing more than to become a hero and she knew that was the top school. The chances were slim but she was determined. She would apply next month and hopefully pass the entrance exam. It was the hardest school to get into, but she knew she could do it. And with that thought she drifted into a daydream.

/ So that was the first chapter! to anyone reading this, it would be great if you could leave comments if you liked or didn't like something and hit the vote button if you loved it! I hope to update this and publish the second chapter soon! <3