3x15

Quote: "Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn."

Published: December 24, 2018

|

Chapter 15: "Galvanize"

Just as I thought I was gonna be able to get a good night sleep that I haven't had for over a week, I am being dragged into the boys' locker room by Stiles.

"Did you have to drag me here at almost twelve-thirty in the morning?" I ask him.

"Yes, because we need some normality in our lives and what better way to do it than by surprising our favorite Coach."

"Surprise him? We're pranking him. Bad."

Stiles doesn't argue with me since he knows it's true as he grabs his phone out of his pocket and he dials Scott. He puts his phone on speaker as Scott picks up.

"Get your ass down here now. We have a job to do." Stiles tells him.

"Dude, I'm already in bed. And aren't we getting a little old for this?"

"We do this for Coach."

"I thought we did this to Coach."

"I told you." I say as we walk through the locker room.

"Whatever, okay? You know he needs this. He lives for this stuff. You know, he loves it."

"But it's the middle of the night."

Stiles puts the flashlight in his mouth as he opens his locker. I take the flashlight from him as he rummages through it. "Twelve fifteen actually. Which means it's after midnight and officially Mischief night slash day, and, by perfectly awesome coincidence, it also happens to be Coach's birthday. So if you are not down here in five seconds, I will destroy you. Okay?" I hear a small noise that Stiles didn't hear and a smirk grows on my face as I see Scott in the shadows. "And I mean five, four, three, two-" Stiles turns around and drops to the ground at the sight of Scott behind him. Scott's red eyes dim back to his normal brown as a smile grows on both our faces.

"One." Scott finishes with a smirk.

"I hate you," Stiles says as he gets up from the ground and he then turns to me. "I hate you too."

My smile remains on my face. "No, you don't. You love me."

The glare on his face is replaced with a smile. " Yeah, yeah, I do love you."

As Stiles and I share loving looks at each other a gag is heard from beside us from Scott and the both of us burst into laughter.

>>> >>> >>>

After only getting a max of five hours of sleep I pull up in my car right next to Scott's bike as we pull up in front of the school. As I stand next to Scott we both notice the matching motorcycles and the identical twins next to them.

"So what, you're both back in school now?" I ask the twins.

"No, just to talk." Ethan answers.

"Oh. That's kind of a change of pace for you guys." Stiles says as he comes up to us and he stands by my side as he grabs my hand and we intertwine our fingers together.  "You know, usually you're just hurting, maiming, and killing."

"You need a pack. We need an Alpha." Aiden says to Scott.

"Yeah. Absolutely not. That's hilarious though."