Of Milk And Bad Decisions

CHAPTER TWO

Summary: When they suddenly run out of milk, newly licensed Peter jumps at the opportunity to drive to the store all by himself. But an accident along the way drastically changes his perspective and teaches him a valuable lesson in obeying his Dad, no matter how stupid the rules seem at first.

Disclaimer: I do not own Spider-Man or any related materials.

NEW 2020 EDIT: THIS IS NOT STARKER.

__________

Of course the first time Peter will be driving by himself, it's raining.

He stands in his room, his new car keys getting clutched in his hand as he looks out the window, watching with a weary sigh as the clouds continue to roll across the darkening sky.

The small splats of rain against his window do nothing to ease the anxiety shooting through his veins, and the 16 year old drums his free hand against his jeans.

They need milk.

He had used the last of it this morning, his cereal barely getting covered up by the limited amount of white liquid dripping from the carton. After asking Friday if there was anymore left in the Tower, the teenager had grudgingly accepted his fate and went to grab his keys that were hanging by the elevator.

When he looked down, Peter felt stupid when he realized that his shoes were in his room, so he had stomped back down the hall, his grumbles of complaint getting no acknowledgement from the A.I.

His left shoe was still sitting by his bed, and the young Stark shakes himself out of his thoughts, turning away from the foggy window and slipping the sneaker on.

Taking a deep breath, Peter is glad to feel the beginnings of excitement fizzle in his stomach at the prospect of actually driving by himself. Satisfied that his shoes are securely on his feet, he quickly walks back to the elevator, checking his phone as he goes.

No new messages.

His Dad must be really busy then. Most of the time, Peter would have gotten a text from him by now (normally a funny picture of a cat or something) but the meetings that he got up extra early for must still be going on.

The teenager frowns, tapping his foot restlessly against the moving floor as the elevator descends, trying to decided if he should tell Tony he is leaving.

He is really busy. Peter thinks, the room coming to a soft stop and the doors opening with a ding. He probably doesn't want to be bothered about something as stupid as milk.

That settles it then.

He isn't going to tell his Dad that he's leaving. Twirling his keys between his fingers, the young Stark steps into the damp garage, and tries desperately to ignore the unease he feels as he walks. The rain pounds against the sides of the Tower, the sound seeming to echo through the concrete and rattle the boy's very bones.

He swallows, pressing the unlock button on his keys once he is near his car.

The sleek red paint glistens even in the grey light filtering in through the windows, all of the tires perfectly shinned and creating the most traction Peter has ever seen.