hearts

September 8th, 2017

Brad

I grabbed one of the rubber bands that I had hidden inside of Connor's backpack and put it on, doing the closest thing to a man bun with my hair. I saw how everyone else was asleep thanks to the light jet lag of the trip we were coming from and the late hour it was here.

James McVey, the skinniest and tallest of us all, was with his mouth wide open, snoring and sitting next to me. I wanted to put my genitals on his mouth and wake him up that way, but he seemed quite tired.

On the other hand, Tristan and Connor remained huddled in front of me and James. Connor had his head on the chest of the tall blonde and this one on Connor's, looking bloody cute.

I looked at my phone while She Moves In Her Own Way from The Kooks was playing. I had a missing message from Monday. I smiled big and opened it immediately.

Dear Brad,

Did your father really sent you back to the UK right now? Wow, that sucks. I hope it doesn't affect you much after you told me that you'll arrive at 3 am there, that's sad.

For my part, I stayed working late at school, along with one of my teachers. It was very tiring. Actually, I just got home, but I think everything went well. You already know that I like school and everything that surrounds it. You should apply to college, I don't know why, but I have the feeling that you would do very well. So you can get rid of your father's work and branch out.

Have a safe trip, I'll be waiting for you to tell me that you got home safely.

Love,

Monday.

I smiled as I read Monday's message and felt the blood rise to my cheeks, something that always happened to me when I read one of her messages. For some reason, I'd always describe the girl on the other side of the screen as ideal for me. She was only my friend, of course, but she had been on this long journey since the beginning. She has known me since I was a nobody and that meant the world to me.

She didn't need any kind of auditory stimulation to be attracted to me, Monday valued who I was within, and that is something I value. I liked to personify someone strong and funny — I've always tried to do that — but I'm the most sensitive person anyone could meet.

Being part of The Vamps has made me stronger, though.

Hate no longer hurt as much as it used to at the beginning. According to Monday, I had people who didn't love me and treated me badly, but I never told her that this was an international thing. That's why we connected easily, we were both at a low point in our lives where we wanted to get everything out so we could move forward with ourselves.

Before writing her back, I decided to go to Instagram for a while, just to read some comments on my last pic, which was with a girl in a cancer foundation. Most of the comments were very nice and they provoked a huge smile on my face.

The phone of one of us on the train rang and made all of my mates to wake up.

Oh, it was my phone. And it was on purpose. I was brilliant.

Their grimaces of disgust made me laugh.

"Bloody Brad!" James angrily exclaimed while rubbing his eyes.

"Couldn't you let us sleep a little longer, you bugger?" Connor asked furiously.

I kept laughing as I watched them moan from exhaustion, "We're about to arrive."

Tristan looked down to his phone and growled. "We have 20 more minutes."

"I was feeling lonely" I lied. I haven't answered Monday's message yet.

Connor and James snuggled to go back to sleep, but Tristan just glared at me. I stoop up to sit next to him and leaned on his body. Now we were both crushing Connor.

"Bradley!" Connor yelled, "That is not fun!"

James was chuckling while his eyes were closed, probably imagining what was going on in front of him.

"Sorry, I wanted to be closer to Tris." I told Connor.

Tristan laughed.

On the next few minutes, they started snoring again. I had returned to James's side and I dedicated myself to writing to Monday now. That always happened to me, I needed a few minutes to digest her message and after distracting myself for a bit, I was ready to answer.

Dear Monday,

Thank you for watching over me, as always. You know? If some day something happens to me you would be the only one who would have enough information to know my whereabouts and you don't even know who I am. It's very funny.

I'm already on the train to get to my destiny and I even met with some friends on the road, to whom I played a joke. Normally, I like to sleep a lot, but I think I had enough on the plane. These last days I was able to sleep very well, I don't know why. I think I'm taking off several weights and that's relaxing me, it's good, do not you think?

Anyways, about the university thing. I already told you that I don't care much about school, you know that I am against this educational system and its forced rules. Also, I don't think I need it, I'm pretty smart * wink *

Love,

Brad.

I locked my phone and tried to sleep a bit, only now I could not stop thinking about Monday. Lately, that happened to me a lot. Even though we had been talking for a little over 3 years, I had never thought about her ... like that. I feel that if I knew that it even arrived as a random thought, it would kill me.