I️ Love You, But Don't Do That Again

"You're a dumbass," Raphael said.

"Is that your way of thanking me?" Simon said with a stupid grin on his face.

"No, that's my way of saying you're a dumbass... but thanks," Raphael replied.

Simon began to turn toward Raphael before giving up and groaning in pain.

Raphael put a hand on Simon, gently guiding him to hold still. He then placed a hand on his forehead and brushed the hair back, before whispering something sweetly in Spanish that Simon couldn't understand.

"You can't keep doing this. I️ need you to stay alive for me, idiota," Raphael scolded softly.

Simon could tell that Raphael wasn't actually angry with him, just concerned, and in a way it kind of made him feel good to know that Raphael actually worried about it.

Simon grinned once again.

"I️ guess I️ was just trying to save you for once," he teased, but he meant every word.

Raphael sighed. He then gently stroked Simon's cheek with his thumb.

"You already have, Simon. In more ways than you realize," Raphael said softly.

He then bent down and kissed Simon's forehead. Simon smiled.

"Now get some rest," Raphael advised.

Simon allowed his eyes to fall closed, fully trusting Raphael as he drifted back to sleep.