7- Interrogation

Snow

The skin on her palms tingled as it pulsated her energy.

They were testing her. They wanted to see the magnitude of her ability. Snow hoped they were right. She wanted to laugh at the rumors only if they weren't true.

But they were.

She swallowed as bile rose from her stomach staining her lips bitter. She could only supress the fragments of memory she had left of that day.

And by hell, it infuriated her how such matter could be taken so lightly, how the death of many wolves became a laughing matter.

It was one thing to be insulted and mocked by her sisters but by a man of such maturity and stature.

How could he speak to her in such way?

Does he not have daughters or sisters? Or a wife? Does it delight him to put a mere woman in her place?

Kaius Sato hesitated slowly raising his hand to meet hers. He felt it, she knew. His gut sensing the pull of the void in Snow's chest. With her hand still raised she focused all her energy there.

From her periphery, she caught Magnus Wolfram's face. In it she felt burning hunger and curiosity.

She was giving them exactly what they wanted. For what will she gain out of this? She was not a glutton for power nor was obliged to prove it.

Now is not the right time and place for this. She knew better. There is never a right time and place for any of this. As her lungs hungrily sucked in air, she withdrew her energy letting her breathe pace a gradual calm. Just as all force left her hand. She eased relaxing to chair from where she sat

Kaius, on the other hand, was still on edge attempting to touch the hand she placed before him.

He looked funny, she thought.

A drop of sweat trickled from his forehead while he's at it. She raised her hand slightly teasing the man as he withdrew it back. It amused Snow watching hin. A while ago he was full of bold words but now he was cowardly pulling away from her.

With one swift motion, Snow caught his hand as he winced back yanking his arm from her grasp. Nothing happened, it was just her hand. And, no void.

But the man squirmed under her touch. Her ears throbbed after he gave out a high-pitched squeal. The men, too, shuddered to the piercing scream. She swore her head could break.

"And that," she chuckled, "is how you destroy a village with one hand."

The men were dead silent as Magnus' laugh rumbled a low drum from his neck. He was breathless wiping a tear forming in one eye as the men followed his exalt of amusement. The men started to shake their heads suppressing the wobble of their shoulders. They were unable to compose themselves.

Kaius sat wide eyed and out of breathe unable to comprehend the men's source of laughter.

Her eyes landed on Torryn who sat intently gazing at her. His eyes burnt her skin as a his pink swollen lip creased where his teeth dug. It sent shivers down her skin passing her chest where her heart started to knock on her sternum right down to the space between her thighs. Snow caught him grin and sat there dumbfounded. He looked his age, young, vulnerable and utterly beautiful. Then, he started to chuckle.

Snow joined him. And, for the first time in a long time she allowed herself to laugh and mean it. She knew the metal spheres would churn the ache between her legs. She knew her insides would ooze out between her thighs. She knew that when she crossed her legs to ease it, the spheres would turn in motion again and she would gasp in pleasure, again. And, again.