Chapter 2: Hunter becomes the hunted

On the way back I told Zen and red about my status my mom and the witch. I told then that I became an assassin a few months after dad married her. I told them how aweful she was and I could just feel the pity from Zen's face making me annoyed. I also told them that they confirmed their daughter was dead but that was just a cover up story.

______________

We came back to the castle. Zen and shirayuki got off first, thin I followed right behind them. The guards all looked at me confused they didn't have to say anything their faces said it all. Who is she. What's she doing here. Why is the here? I sighed I knew they wouldn't want me here looking like this. I sighed. I walked behind zen as he spoke to his his guards. I was just looking at my feet when they surprised me
"WHAT?!" They both said in unison.
"I said she's going to be my aide." They both glanced at me and started arguing. A few minutes had past and they sighed in defeat that they couldn't change the prince's mind.

_______________________________________

I was not needed at that moment so I decided to go lounge around and see if  I could find something that would interest me. Mm maybe I could find red in the castle some where.
_______________________________________

  I was running along the castle wall when I found a scary looking guy.
He was blond and a bit on the older side. Honestly the scowl on his face scared me. I wonder what kind of position that guy has. I wanted to follow him but I wanted to find red first so I left. Ooh lookie what I found here I saw red behind a pillar looking suspicious when I decided I would jump scare her until I stoped and heard something interesting. "Its an order from the prince; regarding the treatments of shirayuki, because of the criticism of my retainer, she shall hereafter no longer have permission to enter the palace." What? I know Zen, I know for a fact he would never do that?! A wave of confusion and curiosity came crashing onto me. Whilst I was thinking red ran for the door. I decided to follow her. Who knows what could happen, but more or less I was also curious. She started running through the hallways and past the guards when one of the commanded her to a halt. "That red hair.. are you shirayuki?."
"Yes.."
"Ahh my mistake I've been informed that you are the prince's guest, apologies for stopping you so suddenly."
She carried on going through the hallways. So. The guards haven't been informed about not letting her in huh. Very interesting.. she kept running until she tripped and fell. I wanted to help her up but then she would know I'm here so I restraind myself from doing so. She kept going up the flight of stairs when I saw someone jumping across with something shiny following along. I didn't think much of it so I kept following red when an arrow shot. At lightning speed I caught the arrow with my hand. Ouch that hurt a bit "(y/n)!, What are you doing here?" Yea, here, no time for chit chat I gotta find who shot the arrow, hold this for me." I gave her a small smile gave her the arrow and dashed from the opening onto the castle walls to where I saw that shining metal.

________

Obi' s P.O.V

I shot the arrow from the roof giving the little miss a warning when out of no where some one stoped the arrow. She talked with the little red and I thought that was my time to take my leave. I followed the little red running down one of the hallways and decided that I would sit on the tree. I took out of my daggers? Ninja stars? Idk but u know wut I'm talking about right? When some one came onto the tree and put a dagger on my thought "How about we stop that before some one gets hurt, wouldnt you agree.. buddy?!