Part 5

We were both startled he stood up and told me to stay right where I was. I heard another knock on the door this time it was harder. I heard him open the door and this time I knew exactly who it was. I stood up and practically ran towards the door and just as I did I noticed someone else it was Christian. I couldn't believe it what was he doing here and he was not alone he was with Jessie "What are y'all doing here" I asked with an angry look on my face "Well Jessie just came by to officially break up with her boyfriend seeing as we are now a couple, and I see you had no trouble finding a new idiot to be your boyfriend" he said with most idiotic voice I had ever heard I would have punched him if Alexander hadn't held me back "Don't worry I'll take care of it" said Alexander. " Wanna play her night in shining armor don't ya, why don't you let her fight her own battles," said Christian once again in his idiotic voice. " She has no battle to fight Christian, and Jessie go ahead keep that jerk of a guy you have got there I really don't care" with that said he shut the door in his faces. After a few minutes of just standing there he high fived me " That was amazing Darling!" I said "Thank you for doing that" with a smile on his face he said " I am your boyfriend after all and any reasonable lad would have done the same thing for a lady such as yourself " "now come on let's go we are gonna be late to your practice" practice right I had almost forgotten " yeah let's go" I said grabbing my bag and walking to the door. As we drove past the neighborhood we caught Jessie and Christian making out at a corner, I turned to look at Alexander and when he noticed what I had been looking at he said: " forget that jerk" and turned the volume up. He dropped me off at practice an I promised to text him afterward I walked inside left my things in my locker and walked inside. The smell of chalk and the sound of people jumping on the vault made me feel right at home. I started walking towards the bars gymnastics always seemed to make me forget everything. As I grabbed some chalk I saw my Coach frantically running towards me "Audrey!" she said " I was scared you weren't gonna come, we need you to compete, one of the girls doing rhythmic just fractured her wrist and you are the next best competitor since you used to do rhythmic" she said all in one breath. It is true I used to do a whole lot of rhythmic gymnastics and I was really good but I was gonna need to practice a little before actually competing again. "When is it? I am gonna need some practice" I asked "It's this Wednesday which means I need you training all day if possible, now to join the group and start training" she said. As I walked towards the group unsure if I was gonna be able to actually make it in time for the competition I heard coach Anna shout "Go make me proud Audrey" I looked back at her unsure of what would happen and walked over to my old coach Louie "You ready to start hun" he said "Yeah" I said and that's how I began learning my new routine. After a while of practice, I actually got back to enjoying myself I realized I did kinda miss rhythmic and it was fun to be back for a bit. After practice, I texted John and he came to pick me up. " you up for some chipotle my talented gymnast" he said after hearing about practice " That would be lovely" I said. I was still amazed at how quickly we had managed to develop a father-daughter-like bond which was one of the many reasons they decided to adopt me. My adoption seemed like a miracle the adopted me when I was 15 which is an age at which almost nobody ever gets adopted. They always told me that even though they couldn't raise me they actually did feel like I was their daughter. One of the other reasons they adopted me was because they had just lost their 14-year-old daughter so they wanted to adopt someone around her age to sorta take her place. They were great parents and Ella usually teased me by telling me that she really hoped she could help raise the grandkids I always smiled at her comments. I was incredibly lucky that what had happened actually happened. We walked back in the car both happily holding our burritos I even got one for Ella and he turned on the music as we drove home. That's when Alexander texted me the police are at my house call me when you can....