Chap3: party animals

chapter 3

word count: 2077

song: teenagers - my chemical romance

warnings:

- alcohol use

don't do drugs kids

--------------------------------------------------------------------

"This is Annabeth. I know her from my Bio class!"

"Yep! That's me!" She sits down in the empty space across Aaron and starts eating her lunch. Aaron breaks the silence.

"At what time does the party start? On Saturday." Alex and I make eye contact knowing we kind of have to invite Annabeth to come with the group now. She does seem like a fun person to hang out with so I don't mind it.

"It starts at 9:30 so everybody will be there at 10:30.", Hana glances at the rest of us. I give her a barely noticeable nod back, "Beth, have you seen the invitation? You are going, right?!" Her eyes twinkle just thinking about the party. Annabeth takes a deep breath while thinking it over.

"Yeah..! Sure!", she smiles back, it looks genuine, first at Hana then to the rest of us, "I'll be there at 10:30". "Great! We'll be waiting on the corner"

The rest of the day is a blur. People walking in the halls. Some of them bumping into me. Filling in a test, Classes, lockers, the monotone voice of my history teacher.

Before I know it I'm walking towards my bus. Annabeth needs to take the bus in the other direction, but it's the same station so I invited her to walk with me. The more I talk to her the nicer she actually is. She hugs me again when I walk towards my bus. My hands are almost touching my own shoulders when I wrap them around her thin frame. She looks up to me. She smiles and waves goodbye as I step on the bus.

It is a short ride. Only 2 stops before I need to get off. When the bus stops, it's only a small walk to my house. With my fast pace I manage to get to my house in three songs. My house appears in sight as I walk around the corner. When getting to the door, I press the button on my earbuds to make the music stop and take out my keys. It is so cold outside that my hands can barely turn it to open the door. Once inside the smell of a warm meal meets my nose. My mom greets me with a big smile when I step into the kitchen.

"hey honey! You are right on time, dinner is ready." I nod with a smile while giving everybody a glass. We eat mostly is silence. I'm focussing on eating my food before the bomb explodes. Not literally.... you'll see.

My dad takes a sip of his beer and looks towards my brother.

"So, how was school today?" He asks, to break the silence.

"It was ok. I'm pretty sure I completely fucked up the bio test" my brother mumbles.

"Adam! ... Don't curse!"

Ahhhh, there we go. kaboom. I'm not going to get to deep into the twenty minutes that followed this. My mom yelling at my brother to stop cursing, dad yelling at mom to stop yelling and me leaving the table to start cleaning up the kitchen.

When that is finally done I go to my room and plug in my EarPods. I fall backwards on my bed. I zone out, Looking up to the ceiling.

"They're gonna clean up your looks, with all the lies is the books, to make a citizen out of you."