chapter 7

*warning some mature content scenes.. read at your own risk*

When his phone started to ring

Person: sir I have got her location she is with her friends at the moment eating at a cafe which is owned by her friend.

Neil:good

The person sent Neil pics of avni where she was eating with sameer riya laughing and few pics were of herself where she was smiling... laughing which he didn't like

Neil: you don't like me been close to u right? U feel like running away from me? Well now I'm in Mumbai let's see how u get away from me Avni metha.. and surely u will have to pay for this slap... he  said looking at her picture

Few hours later Avni was sitting on the terrace.. Riya closed the door and sat next to her

Riya: what happened after that.. she said referring to avni talking about her and Neil in the past

Avni looked at riya and spoke

Avni: I tried to keep away from Neil riya.. but he would find ways to annoy me.. even though he was a senior we both were going to finish college on the same year as my course was for two years while his was for three years..... I got to know from the professor that he was a second year student when it was my first year.. I always tried not to come in front of him but Neil.. he would always try to annoy me in some way just because he still didn't get to rag me when it was my first day.. I was fortunate enough that i always got away from his trouble but that somehow didn't go well with him. It felt like his aim was to get revenge from me.. just because he wasnt able to rag me.. one day I got angry at him as he purposely spilled his food on me  and pretended it was an accident.. I couldn't take it and slapped him  and told him to stay in his limit...

for me this is how my first year was going but as it was about to end...I don't know what happened to him.. he slowly stopped annoying me.. I thought he would get me back for that slap but he didn't...I would always feel I'm in for some trouble when I see him but he didn't do anything.. I found it strange but then I prayed to god that this is how it should be....then came second year..last year for me and also for Neil.

When we started college again. I was about to go to the library when suddenly someone came to give a note to me.

Riya: who was the note from

Avni:Neil.. Riya was surprised

Riya: what did it say ?

Avni: something like ...I know we didn't start on good terms.. somewhere it did get to me when i wasn't able to rag a fresher... but I believe we should forget the past and move on..

Riya: r u for serious?.. what happened after.

Avni:after reading that note I thought this must be another prank from Neil... like after all that time he stopped annoying me & now this note on the first day of second year.. I decided to ignore it thinking I don't want to waste my time thinking about this.. suddenly Neil appeared and smiled...  but I didn't know how to react.. I was about to ignore him and walk away when he stopped me...

Flashback

Neil:can we talk please?

Avni: about what...I don't believe we have anything to talk about

Neil: see avni... I'm sorry.. I know I have annoyed u a lot.. but I just couldn't take the fact that I wasn't able to rag a fresher and that too in front of my friends... and also where I got told of in front of the teachers.. I'm really sorry but somewhere I realised my mistake and didnt know how to say sorry but I thought this is a new year for both of us and also last year so y not start on good terms... Avni was surprised..