chadtper nein

We stop by this restaurant called "Big Larry's", if that doesn't sound appetizing then you're crazy. The second you step through the door you're hit with hundreds of putrid smells, like it's really bad. I can assume it's probably because the staff that works here doesn't throw away their spoiled supplies, that or their toilets got clogged up and they were too lazy to unclog it. Tails seemed to notice the look on my face.

He nudges my arm, "Might smell god awful, but this place cooking food like ya' mama used to make."

I chuckle, "Alright I'll take your word on it, but if I leave this place on a stretcher, you're paying for the medical bills."

We take a seat and order our food, I get the barbecue pulled-pork sandwich with a side of fries while Tails gets a salad, a fucking salad. We talk about the ushe. How's life, how's work, how's the kids? Stuff like that. We talk for ages upon ages until we got our food. My food comes out poorly wrapped in tinfoil on a disposable plastic plate. Tails' salad comes out in a paper bowl and the waiter just tosses him a ranch packet. Not a good first impression if I do say so myself. Tails leans over to my ear.

"I know this place might look bad, but just wait till you try the food."

I scoff at him, "Easy for you to say, you're the one eating the damn salad."

I unwrap the sandwich, looks alright. "Wait till you taste it." Tails winks then dives into his salad. Honestly, he eats the salad like he's eating good booty. I take a bite out of the sandwich. Not that bad, it honestly surprised me how decent the sandwich was. I pop a fry into my mouth, it's salty, like it should be. But judging by how bad this place is, I wouldn't be too shocked if the salt taste was just the sweat from the dude cooking it.

A good half an hour passed, Tails is waiting for me to finish my sandwich. It's just too damn good.

"Liking it?" Tails smiles. "See I told you this place was bomb."

"Yeah, yeah, whatever."

Tails pulls out his phone.

"Who you calling?"

"Eggman."

My heart sinks for a moment, "Why?" I ask him. "Why you gotta call him for?"

"To take me home, remember we didn't take a car here."

I slam my hands on the table, "But you still gotta pay for the bill remember?" I shout, shit, maybe too loud. I'm letting my emotions get the best of me.

"Yeah I know," Tails looks back down towards his phone. "Sheesh, you need to relax a little bit."

"Yeah," I slump down into my seat, I feel like a balloon that got deflated. "I just have a lot on my mind, that's all."

"I get it. You're probably going through some tough times right now. It's natural to act like this. If you need a hand just reach out for me."

That sweet silence, lonely darkness comes back to embrace me. Seconds feel like minutes, minutes feel like hours. I feel heavy, ridiculously heavy. I feel like I just want to break down and cry right on the spot. It's just too much for me to handle. I close my eyes, breath out hard.

"Do you wanna talk about it?"

"No."

ayy lmao y'all see the pictures for the new sonic movie???