Sunday

"Jemima wake up, it's almost 7:30 and you haven't taken your bath you better be ready in 10min "
I tried to ignore my mother's voice has I covered my ears with the nearest pillow I could find.
It eventually dawned on me that my mother was a typical Nigerian woman , and as I began to hear footsteps approach me I quickly stood up. Still dizzy from the impact,  met the angry face of my mother staring down at me with a bowl of water in her hands "oh my braids" I thought to myself. "Mom I'll soon be ready"
This happened every Sunday morning, I quickly approached the bathroom and began brushing my teeth.
Our house had two rooms, a kitchen and a bathroom so it was fairly small. I had taken my bathe already with my two year old wrapper around my chest I walked out to my room which u shared with my annoying sister Angel.
At 13 yrs I had to admit she had really grown beyond her age some people even thought she was older. I began to dress up, my mom Helen had already picked my dress and matching heels as usual I hated these normalities, if it was up to me I'd go in a pair of jeans and my favorite chiffon top to church.
I went out to the kitchen and the smell of hot tea met my nose, I wasn't in the mood for breakfast so u just waited for my sister and mom to finish while listening to Jon bellion's new song couple's retreat. It was already 8:00 ,we were already in the car. "Another day of church I can't wait" my sister said I rolled my eyes at her when the engine started, I put in my earpiece and allowed the music take me away