Preface

~Preface~ 

"As exciting as World War 3 would be, despite the loss of millions of lives, the financial economies of every country would be a massive downfall to the whole event. Stock markets would crash and a greater number of civilians will go unpaid and thus unfed. We need to extinguish the fire between certain countries such as Russia and Ukraine as well as Israel and Gaza but only in a better financial circumstance. Perhaps reinventing money as we know it. Forming new economies, free of all debt is the solution."

Dar's voice rose triumphantly only to be deflated by Aida. A usually shy girl, with reserved opinions, Aida cleared her throat,

"How can you ignore the significant 'collateral damage' of war? Innocent people do not need to be drawn into disputes between over-inflated egos. You suggest a new economy for each country, but have you thought of how long these empires have worked to achieve their current standard of living or placement in society. Donald Trump would be as wealthy as a bum on the street. Don't you think that would cause a war in itself? People rioting out of greed, volunteering for war unintentionally. Even I think it is nobler to fight and die for religious or nationalistic beliefs than the greed of man." 

"Miss Aida, thank you for your input on the subject. It was most forthcoming but now I am afraid we must continue this discussion next class. Class dismissed." A frenzy of shoved chairs, flying bags as they landed on shoulders and scuttling feet ended Mr Tarrow's AP World History class. 

Darius watched as Aida hastily threw her notebook into her backpack, nodded at Mr T and cleanly exited the class...almost. Clang. Darius darted over to the fallen trashcan scraping gum wrappers, apple cores and scrunched paper off the floor. Clearly embarrassed, Aida stood at the doorway unsure whether to bend down and help or run and hide in the bathrooms. The scruffy-haired boy glanced up at her and them smirked, continuing to mop up the mess with his grimy hands. "You're very opinionated," he said at last.

"No, not really. I just get really paranoid." 

"Paranoid? Sounded like passionate to me."

"Yea, paranoid about little college boys causing pain and suffering on what's left of this dying world." 

"Wow, that's deep." Hearing the sarcasm in his voice she stopped in her tracks and whirled around to face him. By now they were headed down the hall to the cafeteria. Eyes blazing, she stared him down for all of about five seconds. The longest five seconds of his life. Those green eyes burning a whole through his skull. All of a sudden the glare dissipated and Aida coolly stalked off towards the gym. Darius' eyes remained pinned on her swaying hips until the double-hinged doors of the gym swung back into place, blocking his view. 'So much potential' Darius thought as he crunched down on an apple.

Hope you enjoyed this little taster! More soon!! :) Please share and comment xx