Last Falls [ON EDIT]

Walking by the roads of Los Angeles, the only thing that was going through my mind was he. The award in my fist was nothing but the sign of him and the memories of those nights in the studio of AC Productions spent with him. In the award ceremony today, I got the award that was won by him years ago.

He was not only my mentor. He was my everything, my life. He made me feel what life is. He made me learn to dream.

I had no one to thank today in the ceremony, but him. Only three months and this was the effect of him on me. Even after five years, I couldn't forget him. He made me what I am today and he simply vanished just like that, one falls.

I was then walking by a lake, surrounded by a beautiful park. There were trees, grass, ducks and other water birds. There was that bench. The bench was just like that bench, in an isolated corner of the park, secluded from the rest of the park, under the shade of a tree, just at the edge of the lake. I could feel fresh memory in my mind as if it was just yesterday that he and I were sitting under the tree on that bench and thinking the next plot that had popped in our minds and discussing the next scene of the film and laughing at silly jokes.

A lone tear escaped my eyes as those flesh fresh pictures flashed in my inward eye. I went and sat down on the bench as I touched the otherside of the bench, it was cold. It was cold as if no one had sat there for ages and had left the place empty. I looked up at the sun which was red by the time and the dusk had filled the sky with it's hue. The memories started to come back one by one.

I was hesitant as I stalked him in Instagram. I just watched his short films on YouTube and I litterally fell for them. I coudn't believe my eyes they were so properly made. I wandered how a boy who's just two years senior to me could do such things. He's definitely gifted. I scrolled through his feed and then went to the message box.

"Should I? Or should I not?" My overly thoughtful mind asked me.

"Why shouldn't I?" Said my carefree mind.

Finally after the long fight, both of them came to a solution. That is 'Let's try'.

I finally typed the text saying "Hello Sir. I'm Sandy, one of those young people out there who are greatly inspired by your work. Well by being from a typical Indian family of doctors and engineers, my parents don't think filmmaking to be a respectable profession. For people like us, you are the perfect idol. Thank you for inspiring so many people like us."

I clicked on the 'send' button and left out a deep breath and got up from my bed and went away to attend my tution classes. As soon as I returned after three hours of my Geography tution, I was done with those day dreams of mine as my dear tutor made me remember that my board examination was just a month to go and I was yet left with half of the syllabus. I bumped on my bed and was trying to collect the parts of my mind scattered in a thousand directions and fixing them together to pay attention to my text book, when suddenly, my phone beeped a number of times with DMs from Instagram.

I couldn't control my curiosity and opened Instagram to find a number of texts been received from 'The Arnab Chauhan'. I screeched my scream and then opened the inbox and there were these texts, saying. "Hey, Arnab here. I really don't know what to say to you....
like you thanked me but it actually should be me who should actually thank you because see the shortfilms that I made were actually made for teens like me and you. And I'm really happy that you actually took the trouble to send me a feedback. Well another thing I really felt proud of myself when you mentioned me to be your inspirational idol. And ya definitely a huge thanks to you."