1/2.

happy holidays, my loves!

///

"what do you think about this?" and jaebum plummets his whole body onto a couch that can double as bed when visitors are over.

seulgi stands before him, chin cupped in hand as she thinks, thinks, thinks. "it seems too low, don't you think?"

yugyeom simply waits, wondering how stopping at ikea for lunch led to jaebum and seulgi furniture shopping for a house they don't even have yet. he's sighing loudly, grunting impatiently and tap, tap, tapping his foot on the floor waiting for someone to feed him. he is a growing man!

aha, so this is what bambam meant by "never going out with jaegi again!" snap the other day. it consisted of a depleted looking bambam with jaebum and seulgi in the background comparing prices on which bag of rice would save them the most money at the local supermarket. he should have heeded that as a warning to not pick up jaebum's call. but he was hungry an hour ago.

looking at the time tick, tick, ticking away on his wrist watch, yugyeom has surpassed hungry; he's hangry now. except he really can't do anything about it because... because he actually enjoys seeing jaebum and seulgi together. they're that kinda couple that doesn't evoke cringes or guttural cries of torture. they're natural and real. not too cute, not too showy. they have it just right.

but still. why are they looking at couches, anyway?

"are you buying this for your mum, hyung?"

jaebum peers at him, head tipped slightly to the right. "hm? no, i need a new couch for the studio. it's pretty worn out." because he is a starved artist that crashes mostly on sectionals than his own bed after sending the newest chapter of his online comic to his editor.

"you can feel the springs in the old one," seulgi further adds, rubbing her back like an old wound that flared up.

"ah, okay." and yugyeom accepts that too easily.

but it's when they're finally eating in ikea's cafeteria does it hit him hard. he chokes on meatballs, mashed potatoes expelling out as his nose. the table is a mess, and he sends bambam a snap of it and his pained face. "never sitting on jaebum hyung's couch again!"

"jaebum, black isn't a suitable christmas colour."

youngjae has counted seulgi saying that exactly nineteen times as they shop for ornaments at the christmas festival downtown. jaebum's complaining—whining, rather, that stores and stands are missing diversity in their arrangements and themes. that red, green, silver, gold and blue are rather outdated and overrated, and it is time for a change.

but trying to find a black christmas tree as opposed to the classic green and modern white is liking find a needle in a haystack: highly improbable.

"there has to be something!" jaebum insists as they pass by the umpteenth christmas tree shop.

he doesn't want to be that guy, but youngjae is starting to think they're tolling in circles. he regrets bumping into them then subsequently joining them for decoration hunting. his mother gave him a list of necessities: wreaths, stockings, a singing toy santa. so far, he has only bought one jolly st. nick.

"you will never find a black christmas tree! we're going to be here forever." seulgi's nose is red, and she's shivering.

but jaebum laughs, almost inconsiderately, too. "you look like rudolph."

and youngjae wants to palm himself. he doesn't, though. kinda shuffles away to a decor stand because isn't that more appealing than a couple bickering under christmas lights. he sees the wreathes and hears the frustration.