If Tomorrow Never Comes

I was sitting at my desk getting ready for the school day; when Rhiannon sat at her desk. I made sure to not look at her...I don't need this drama.

"Hey, Amber," she said, all fake like.

"Yes, Rhiannon."

"So, is it true that your brother is like, a doctor?"

"Yes...why?"

"I'm guessing he got the brains of the family?"

"What?"

"Saying you're not smart like him." She does know we're ten right?

"You do know there's no way I can be a doctor right?"

"Yeah cause you're dumb," she snickered and turned to her friends as they sat down. Such a jerk.

***

Later in the day, we had a writing assignment. We had to write whatever we want -- aka free write time. I couldn't decide what to write about. I was deciding between moving here {wishing I was back in Iowa} or how I wish Alex would work somewhere else so I don't have to go to school here. I really never liked this place, but recently I hated it more because of Rhiannon and her "crew". Penny is really the only good thing to happen from being here. This past weekend Alex let me stay the night at Penny's house for the first time. It was awesome! We watched Disney Channel; which was a first for me and I loved it. I had watched it in awe -- which I'm pretty sure Penny thought was interesting (and funny).

"Time's up," Mrs. Lee announced. I just looked at my blank page...I just want to go home.

So sorry that is soooo short! I guess this was kind of a drabble/filler piece. Any suggestions on what Amber should do, etc. let me know! :)