Tainted

-Marichat (Marinette x Chat Noir)

-TRIGGER WARNING - This One-Shot will hint at sensitive subjects, such as assault, depression, and angst. Do NOT read this if you get triggered/depressed easily or if these subjects are sensitive for you.

-Fluff/Comforting

     Marinette wiped the tears from her face furiously as she looked into the mirror. She was a mess, and more importantly, she was an idiot. How could she be so irresponsible as to let herself be put in such a situation? She looked at her dirty clothes in disgust. She wanted to scream, she wanted to cry, and she wanted to hide herself away. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath. She always thought Adrien would be... but no... she was tainted. She was soiled. She gulped before stripping herself of her clothes, tears streaming down her face. She stared at the bruises on her shoulders and her throat tensed as the memories came rushing back in a flood of panic. She took a shaky breath before leaning down and turning the shower on. She climbed in and she sighed as the hot water flowed over her body. She grabbed her loofa and she looked down as she scrubbed herself, she scrubbed until she was raw, but she still felt dirty. She leaned against the shower wall and closed her eyes as she let out a choked sob. She was trying desperately to keep her mind off of what happened.

     When she finally got tired of sitting under the streaming water, and she climbed out of the shower. She slipped on some sweatpants and a t-shirt before she walked over to her bed and laid down. Closing her eyes, she let out a loud yawn. She was exhausted, ashamed, and disgusted. She jumped when she heard tapping at her window. She peaked over her shoulder to see Chat grinning like an idiot  as he peered through her window.

     She couldn't help but smile at the goofy looking Chat. She walked over to the window and opened it. "Her Prince-" Chat stopped abruptly when he saw the look on her face. She was smiling, but he could instantly see the bags under her eyes and the tears swelled up in them.  "Mari... nette?" he questioned cautiously.

     Marinette frowned and looked away. "What happened?" Chat asked, worry laced through his tone. Even through he was expressing clear worry he was extremely furious. He had never seen Marinette cry before, whatever happened must have been severe.  He went to reach out for her and she flinched. He frowned. "Did... someone hurt you?" he asked.

     She closed her eyes. "I don't want to talk about it."

     "But... but I can help you, whatever you need..." he trailed off.

     "Not this time Chat."

     "Did... I do something wrong?" he asked.

     She looked at him with soft eyes. "Of course not." she said before letting out a sigh. She sat down and patted the spot next to her. "Sit."

     Chat did as instructed. Marinette looked at him. "I... went to a party tonight with my friends Alya and Nino. Sometime during the night, we got separated so I sat at the bar to wait for her. Obviously I wasn't drinking, I had a water with me." she said softly. "There was this guy... and I think he knew I was alone... and um" her voice cracked.

     Chat didn't like where this was going, and he was pretty sure he knew exactly where it was going. Whoever did this to Marinette would feel his wrath. He saw Marinette begin to shake and his heart shattered. "Mari..." he said softly and he reached out for her. She flinched again and he felt an overwhelming anger surge through him. "Who was it?" he questioned.

     "That's not even the worst part Chat." she began crying. "I'm in love with Adrien, and if he finds out... I just... what if he thinks I'm disgusting?" she questioned. "W-what if he stops talking to me? What if he hates me?" she sobbed.

     "Why would you think that Marinette?"

     "Adrien is amazing. He's kind and thoughtful... but I wouldn't blame him for thinking those things... I already believe them." she said. She hid her face in Chat's neck.

     Chat moved back and he tilted her chin up. "Marinette, anyone who thinks those things about you... they're wrong. You don't deserve that. You're so beautiful, sweet, and generous. You're heart is so pure. I should have been with you... I should have protected you." Chat said. 

     Marinette looked up at him with wide eyes. "C-Chat I..."

     Chat slowly leaned in, he looked deep into her bluebell eyes. "May I...?" he asked softly. Marinette felt her face heat up and she simply nodded in response. She trusted Chat more than any other person in Paris.

     Chat slowly kissed her and his hand cupped Marinette's cheek softly as his thumb rubbed circles against her smooth skin. He felt purrs erupt from his chest. Marinette slowly closed her eyes. This wasn't anything like the party. She felt free, she felt in control, she could tell Chat no if she wanted and he would listen, she could push him away, and Chat was so incredibly gentle and caring. She kissed him back lovingly, but her mind strayed. Wasn't she in love with Adrien? What was she doing? Maybe... maybe she was in love with Chat too? She leaned into Chat's touch and she shivered when she felt his purrs travel through her skin. "Kitty..." she muttered softly.

     The way Marinette said that sent shivers up Chat's spine and it sent his heart pounding. "Yes Princess?" he asked, trying to keep his voice smooth and confident.

     "I... I think I love you."

     Chat felt it, the familiar sense of falling for someone... and the fact that she was in love with both sides of him made him fall even further. "I love you too Marinette, no matter what." he whispered.