Break My Heart | 1

Jennie was lazily watching netflix, her whole body slumped at the cozy sofa with a huge bowl of popcorn beside her. The screen played Stranger Things, one of the latter's favorite show. She was enjoying a free day since it was weekend, so no school. Her peaceful moments was then interrupted by the sound of her phone vibrating, indicating a message.

Jennie groan as her fingers tapped on the smartphone, opening the mail button. It was a text from her bestfriend and long time crush.

From: Lili ♡

Nini? Can you meet me at our spot later at 5pm?

She was confused. It's unusual for Lisa to ask her to hangout as Jennie was the one who always bug Lisa.

To: Lili ♡

Yeah, Sure. I'll be there Lili

Her thumb hit the send button and was about to put her phone down when it vibrated, she quickly looked at the new message.

From: Lili ♡

See you :)

Jennie decided to just seen the message and went to freshen up as it was already four. She decided to get a quick shower, put some white dress and light make up. The latter always tried to be presentable especially when she's with Lisa.

She looked up the clock and rushes out the door as soon as it flashes 4:55. Their usual spot takes 5 minute walk and she arrived just in time as soon as it hits five.

From far, Jennie already can see the shape of her bestfriend and that made her fasten her pace until she's completely beside the latter who seems to be in deep thought.

"Guess who", She asked as her hands covered the sight of the younger girl.

Upon hearing her favorite sound. Lisa quickly replied, "Jennie"

Jennie's hand started to let go of Lisa's eyes while her lips are forming a pout, "That's unfair, You always know who it is."

Lisa let out a giggle while sticking her tongue out, "You can't blame me if i already memorized every piece of you".

"Well, Not everything", Jennie said with a wink, leaving them to a giggling mess.

"Anyways, I need to tell you something." Lisa said seriously as she kept on taking deep breaths.

Noticing the sudden change of tone, Jennie looked at the younger girl confusingly, "What is it Lili?"

"I don't want you to feel comfortable but I can't hold it anymore. I like you Jennie, As in I like like like you. Not a friend but more than that." Lisa said while looking down, avoiding the reaction the older latter would give.

Jennie was purely shocked. How can't she? Her long time crush is confessing to her. She felt happy but her negative thoughts suddenly swimmed towards her brain asking questions she was afraid of.

What is her parents find out? What if we didn't work? What if she'll hurt me? Those were mainly the things that was running at her mind and she was more nervous now.

"Jen?" Lisa's voice cutted Jennie's daydreaming and words she didn't know that would hurt Lisa came out through her mouth.

"I'm sorry, Lisa. I don't feel the same way", Lisa smiled but a hint of sadness was painted at her eyes and that was a sign that Jennie fucked up but of course, she didn't notice.

"It's fine, I expected to be rejected anyways but I hope we still can be friends." Lisa said. Her voice displayed that she was about to break soon.

"Are you sure that's fine for you Lisa?" Jennie asked.

"U-uh, Yes. it's better than nothing right?" The younger latter's voice cracked and Jennie felt like she made the wrong decision.

"Uh, I better go Nini. I still have homeworks to do. Bye" Lisa said as she turned her back to Jennie, running back home.

"B..bye." She replied as she watched the silhouette of Lisa get little. What Jennie didn't know that the bye Lisa gave meant something more. And that's the day, Jennie broke Lisa's heart.