Love?

It's been a few days since Jonny was involved in the fight, and I was right. He had only sprained His ankle no fractures no breaks just a simple sprain but he used it as an excuse to miss a few days of school and at this exact time there was a ma jor biology exam which I of course passed with flying colours, not a mistake in sight. He gave me his number the other day which I didn't know how to respond to but I reluctantly took it and gave him mine in return which he took without hesitation and proceeded by taking a pen from his coat pocket and scribbling down his address on my palm which wasn't ideal as it took around an hour to scrub off. I wasn't best pleased.

"Dad" treated me to my first stethoscope for passing my exams! it was matte black and had a silver plated end, dad had it engraved with the words "congratulations jac i'm so proud of you" and to my unexpected surprise when i ripped open the silver wrapping paper i started to well up and cry. no one ever told me they where proud of me before. he smiled at me when he noticed i started to cry then wrapped his strong arms around me and hugged me tightly. i felt safe, protected and loved. he took the stethoscope from my hands lifted my hair and placed it around my neck.

"my baby girl's all grown up"

"dad don't i'm not a child"

" i know your 16 now"

"yeah, not long till med school"

" well you've got quite a few years to go yet"

"i'm aware of that"

"i'm so proud of you you know you've achived so much"

"i know and i'm glad but i want to learn everything that i possibly can and you know that"

"that's why iv'e enrolled you into a private school"

"what why, i don't want to move i like my school"
"Okay I only enrolled you because you have her highest grades in the entire school"
"Might have but I want to stay"
"Okay, got any homework?"
"Yeah biology and history"
"What's the biology one?"
"Essay on pericarditis"
"Need any help?"
"No I know pretty much all about it, but I'll ask if I do"
"Okay, go on then squirt run along"
"Don't call me squirt" I laughed and ran off to my room