Advent Event - "I won't leave until you smile" with Elijah Mikaelson

Christmas sucked. You knew something would go wrong the moment you met Kol, but you hadn't expected everything to blow up on Christmas Eve, of all nights in the year. It had been too good to be true. He was too nice, too friendly, too... everything. And now he had given you the finger and was celebrating somewhere on Bourbon Street, leaving you all alone on the stairs of the compound. You had wanted to storm out, but he was gone too fast to see that. So you had stayed. At least for a moment, until you would walk out of the gate one last time. There were good memories to hold on too as well, after all.

You hadn't noticed someone sitting down next to you, until you smelled the mulled wine that that person was holding out to you. You grabbed the mug and warmed your hands to it. When you looked up, you saw it was Kol's older brother, Elijah. You had passed ways when you had spent the night, but you hadn't really talked during the months you had been with Kol.

"I think I already know the answer to the question that I have, but I'll ask it nonetheless. These tears I see... are they my brother's doing?", Elijah asked. He was looking at you with a look of concern in his eyes. Not the mockery you had expected.

You nodded. "He left. Just like that..."

Elijah sighed. "I wish I could be surprised about his actions, but I am afraid it was to be expected." He turned a bit towards you. "Not that I blame you in any way. Kol has the tendency to get what he want, and for the last few months, he has made very clear to everyone living here that he wanted you. You were not the first to fall for it and I fear you won't be the last."

You took a sip of your wine to hide the same you were feeling. "That doesn't exactly make me feel any better, Elijah... It just feels like I've been played and I hate that..."

Elijah shook his head. "I didn't mean to make you feel like that. My brother... he has fooled many people during the years. Me and my siblings included. Don't feel foolish for falling for him." A slight smile played around his lips. "To make up for what I said... I can promise you I will not leave you until you smile?", he said with a small cock of his head.

You almost immediately did, mostly because it felt like he had given himself an impossible challenge. "My heart has just been broken on Christmas Eve. I have no idea how good you are, but making me smile now seems kind of impossible. Unless you're planning to stay here until the new year, but I think the stairs are a bit too hard for that.

"Well... I happen to like a challenge. I've never run away from one before and I've had a tougher crowd than you, trust me.", he winked. "Let's just start by getting you slightly drunk.", he said with a nod to the glass of wine in your hands. "Everything looks better with a bit of alcohol. You'll see my brother isn't worth ruining your Christmas over. I am far better company."