Dahyun x M!Reader - Driver

(A/N: This story is somehow related to a YouTube video I saw a few days back; Dahyun here is pre-debut Dahyun, so as not to confuse anyone <3)

Y/N's POV (2015)

"It's 8pm," I said to myself, feeling sleepy.

"I wanna go home."

There was a moment of silence, with EXO's Growl playing faintly on the radio.

으르렁 으르렁 으르렁대 , I silently hummed.

Just as I was jamming out inside my car, a notification popped on my phone screen.

"Pick-up Kim Dahyun at Seoul Metro Station."

"Oh, okay." I tell myself.

I drove myself to the Seoul Metro Station.

I turned off the radio when I arrived, waiting for her.

Honestly, I liked it when the music was on, but I wanted to feel how it was like without the music was turned off.

I took a sigh of relief, feeling the silence envelop the air inside my vehicle. I closed my eyes to feel the atmosphere of silence, unknowingly drifting to sleep.

Just as I was about to recline my seat, I was cut off by someone knocking on my car window.

"Excuse me?" she says, her voice partially muffled as the car windows were closed.

As I opened my eyes to look, I saw her, Kim Dahyun, peeking inside to check if I was awake.

I rolled down my window, and responded to her, "Mianhae."

There was an awkward moment of silence.

"Exactly. Hold on, I'll open the door for you."

I motioned for her to step aside for a while as I got out of my car. I asked her to follow me to the other side of the vehicle. I opened the door for her.

"Kamsahamnida," she says with a very cute smile. I smile back at her as I close the door.

She's cute, I tell myself.

I get back in the car and ask her immediately, "To where are we headed?"

"To the JYP Entertainment Center, please."

Guess it's gonna be a long drive, I tell myself again.

"We'll be arriving in an hour due to traffic conditions."

"Oh, really?" She pouts cutely as she says that.

"Well," she sighs, "It's okay."

"Don't worry, " I confidently tell her. "If I find a faster route, I'll take it if possible."

"Really? Thank you!" She smiles even brighter than she did earlier.

Control yourself, Y/N. I tell myself.

I started driving away from the Seoul Station.

For the next few minutes, there was just silence inside the car.

Feeling that it might've been too silent, I remembered that I turned off the radio.

As I was turning on my radio, she held my arm.

"Wait!" she suddenly said.

"Yes?" I replied, shocked by her sudden action.

"I hope you don't mind, but may I connect my phone to your music player? I have a playlist here that I'd like to play," she said. A smile lit up her face, her eyes looking as if they were begging me to allow her.

"S-sure," I replied, not knowing I was stuttering already. "Just connect your phone to the bluetooth to this device."

I explained to her how to connect her phone to my car's music player.

After a few tries, she finally connected her phone to my music player.

"Yay!" she squealed in excitement.

"Thank you!"

"You're welcome," I smiled sheepishly at her.

Why does she have to be this cute?

She opened her K-Pop playlist, full of songs from whatever was a hit or was new to the K-Pop scene.

Red Velvet's Ice Cream Cake started playing on the player.

She sang her heart out to it.

At first, I was reluctant to sing along with her, but knowing myself as a K-Pop fan deep inside, I couldn't control myself.

As I started singing during the second chorus, she momentarily stopped singing and looked at me with a look I couldn't read.

It was in the middle of a "Wait, are you serious?" look and a "I knew you would sing along with me!" look.

She giggled, and continued singing along with me.

For the remainder of the ride, we were just singing and dancing along to a lot of songs.

Kim Dahyun was someone I found fun to be with, and never have I had a drive such as good as this one.

It felt incredible.

*time skip*

Just as we were about to sing our next song, I saw the JYP Entertainment Building on the side.

"We're here."

She looked outside, and her bright face suddenly disappeared, turning into a partly sad one.

"It was a fun ride though, thank you!"

"You're welcome! Hold on, let me open the door for you."

I got out of the car and opened the door for her.

"Thank you for taking me here, Mr. Y/N!" she smiled and high-fived me.

"I hope we meet again," I told her, smiling back at her.

"I hope so too. Goodbye! Thank you!" she says as she walks into the doors of the JYP building.

I get back in my car, breathing a sigh of relief and happiness.

I re-opened the Uber app to check that woman's name.

"Kim Dahyun's payment has been transferred to your account."

Kim Dahyun, I repeated to myself over and over again.

I will see you again soon, Kim Dahyun. You're my best Uber passenger - ever.

I closed the Uber app, driving myself home.