1. Carter Daniels

STORY CHAPTER.

As soon as I step into the school parking lot I wish I could turn back and go home. There are teenagers everywhere. They lean against car hoods, laugh at overused jokes, and make out with each other.

Their voices are loud, and they are rowdy, completely oblivious to the fact that I have entered their sanctum. But then, they are always oblivious. No one ever sees me.

I sigh, running a hand through my long brown hair that reaches my waist, and fix the glasses that cover my light green eyes. I shift onto my left leg and look down past my tight t-shirt and skinny jeans to see that my shoelaces are untied. Once I’ve finished tying them I stand and see my faint, stretched-out reflection on the door of the car next to me, and look at my curvy body in the outfit.

Then my eyes move elsewhere, not wanting to see my average-looking reflection any longer.

There is not enough space in the parking lot for all of these kids, and they squeeze past each other to greet their friends left and right while the school stands behind them proud and tall, just beyond the crowd of students. From where I stand it seems impossible to make it to the front doors.

And yet, it all changes in a matter of seconds.

Carter Daniels strides through the parking lot as if walking through a meadow. Every eye turns to him, watching his tall, muscular figure move, and the way the sun reflects on his blue eyes.

And then comes the whispering.

“Is that Carter Daniels?”

“He got even hotter over the summer!”

“I heard he’s looking for a girlfriend.”

I roll my eyes at them. This guy is a popular egotistical jerk. He is attractive, but he is a player, and I for one do not plan to get involved in his game. I turn away from the mass of girls and attempt to shove my way through the crowd while there’s still a path to get to the school building.

“Excuse me,” I mutter.

“Oh my gosh, you’re blocking my view!”

Blindly, I push past the last girl and get to the middle of the parking lot, my head half turned to glare at the girl who’s glaring at me.

Suddenly I slam into a wall.

Or a person made of bricks, I assume, as I lay on the floor looking at a pair of expensive-looking Jordans.

I push myself off the ground and dust off my clothes, my bag still on the floor. When I look up fully to see who I’ve bumped into, my heart drops into my stomach.

Carter Daniels, in all his football-star glory, is standing right in front of me. His attractive face is only a few feet from mine, and I realize suddenly that I’ve stopped breathing. I can’t remember what I was doing before crashing into him.

An angry look is spread across his face and his mouth is twisted into a scowl, and suddenly I feel everyone’s eyes on me.

“Did someone not teach you how to walk?” his deep voice inquires sarcastically.

I narrow my eyes at Carter and match his scowl. “Someone not teach you how to say the words ‘I’m’ and ‘sorry’ in the same sentence?”

He smirks. “Oh. Loser’s got an attitude.”

I open my mouth to say something but I’m interrupted by a high pitched, squeaky voice.

“Hey!” interrupts Brittany. She comes up beside me, knocking me to the side, and flips her blonde hair in my face. “Babe, come on. We’re going to be late.” I stare at her, in her bright blue cheerleading uniform, and then look back at Carter.

He glances back at me, and then back at his girlfriend. “Yeah, let’s go.”

And for some reason as he walks away, I wish I were Brittany.

          *          *          *

Quick! Comment!

Three comments and I will upload the explanation.

Can you spot the clichés?

[P.S. And point out any mistakes?]

'AwesomelyBlaze